Palliative Care APP (Inpatient) - West Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking a Palliative Care Advanced Practice Provider to join our Comprehensive Pain Management team in Peoria, Illinois.
Position Details Include:
- Inpatient position; the Palliative Care APP will see patients at both Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital in Peoria
- 8 hour shifts, Mon-Fri with rotating night, weekend, and holiday call
- Work with a collaborating Palliative Care physician and experienced support staff
- Average 5-10 patients/day depending on hospital need and census
- Designated office space for charting available at both hospitals
- Located on the Illinois River, Peoria is a vibrant, affordable, and convenient city with multiple dining and entertainment venues as well as nearby residential communities with highly ranked public-school districts
- Master's degree in Nursing with Acute Care specialty (ACNP) or Physician Assistant
- At least 1 year of experience as an Advanced Practice Provider required
- Pain Management, Orthopedic, or Spine experience preferred
- Ideal candidates will have Headache Clinic or other specialized Pain Management experience
Current Illinois Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensure
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.