Patient Access Representative I- CMH Patient Access
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Creates accurate and thorough registration for each patient visit. Responsible for obtaining demographic and financial information as well as obtaining signatures required for successful and compliant billing submission. Collects patient liability before or at the time of service as defined by the patient's insurance plan. Interact in a customer focused and compassionate manner to ensure patient's needs are met.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Typing speed and accuracy of a minimum of 40 wpm.
Project a professional image
Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheets, email and web browser.
Ability to multi-task and work efficiently to maintain patient movement and schedules.
Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with Patient Access Manager, Patient Access Supervisor, Physicians, Physician offices, and UnityPoint Ancillary departments.
- Registration and Data Integrity
- Engage with patient/legal representative to obtain and input accurate demographic and insurance data to ensure accuracy.
- Consistently schedules, registers, and obtains signatures in accordance with compliance regulations.
- Collect accurate, complete, and compliant data from patient and or guarantor Follow all policy and procedures related to optimal financial performance.
- Utilize tools such as real time eligibility responses, on-line resources, phone, or fax to verify eligibility and ensure accuracy.
- Understand and communicate patient benefit information and follow collection guidelines.
- Understand and execute downtime procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Customer Service Demonstrate Carle Health Values in all actions and interactions.
- Consistently use AIDET and no point policy in all interactions Greet all patients and visitors with quality customer service and professionalism to ensure an exceptional patient experience Answer telephone calls in a clear, calm, and professional manner; screen calls by urgency and route calls promptly, accurately and professionally to appropriate team member or department Anticipate the business needs to assist coworkers and adapt to staff coverage in any registration area or site.
Financial Services/ Billing
- Understand basic self-pay or underinsured patient policies to refer to the appropriate teams for resolution Ensure accuracy of data collection by resolving registration errors as assigned by work queues Understand requirements for authorization and medical necessity Use standardized tools to identify missed information and secure proper documentation.
- Ensure financial integrity of the billing system with accurate reconciliation for point of service collections and cash drawer balancing.
- Utilize estimate tools within EPIC to accurately present financial liability.
- Professionally process the collection of financial liability and facilitate payment arrangements.
Collaboration and Team Synergy
- Support and contribute to department goals by attending department meetings and participating in performance improvement activities.
- Anticipate the need to assist coworkers and adapt to staff coverage at any registration areas/sites Assist new hires in training processes.
- Demonstrate teamwork by working, acting, thinking and collaborating as a team while supporting team decisions.
- Maintain accountability for individual actions and encourage, support, teach, mentor and resolve conflict in a healthy manner Promote and celebrate team achievements.