Clinical Resource Nurse - Cardiac 5C
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Clinical Resource Nurse role models patient-centered care and assumes leadership responsibilities with high levels of contributions in direct patient care and interaction, the unit, and across the organization. The Clinical Resource Nurse role is a population-specific clinical, patient advocate responsible for assisting nurses, patients, and families. This role will help navigate the complex health care system in an organized, effective, mentoring, and safe environment within the hospital acute care settings. This role will assist new nurses and seasoned nurses with the standardization and efficiency of care for patients and families in the continuum of care.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) Must possess and maintain current upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months.
Minimum 3 years' experience specific to acute and/or critical care patient population.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Advanced reading, writing and oral skillsAbility to respond appropriately to customer/coworkerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorAbility to utilize PC including, basic elements of Windows environment, keyboarding, work with mouse, and perform basic computer tasks with instruction.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, facilitate and evaluate patient care. * Demonstrates clinical competence when caring for a wide variety of complex patients through expert assessment skills, manual and technical skills, and critical thinking abilities.* Demonstrates the ability to stay on the cutting edge of clinical practice in the respective unit.* Demonstrates the ability to utilize evidence-based practices within the area of specialty.* Uses baseline/ongoing patient data from all sources to assist in the development of an individualized plan of care.* Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members to identify potential barriers and variances to the plan of care.* Collaborates with the care team to recommend referrals to other disciplines of the care team as necessary to meet patient needs (social work, therapy, wound care, etc.).* Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Case Manager to facilitate length of stay and payor needs.* Demonstrates ability to recognize, evaluate and assist in the implementation of solutions in resource consumption and length of stay issues.* Participates in bedside report on complex patients.* Manages and mentors in crisis situations.* Demonstrates ability to delegate and oversee care processes.
- Assists in the professional growth/development, clinical knowledge/skills, and critical thinking ability of nurses and ancillary staff. * Recognizes individual and unit education needs based on trends, quality standards, observation, and care gaps.* Performs bedside mentoring and education on the spot when knowledge gaps or teachable moments are identified.* Devise curriculum, teach various skills, principles and practices required to improve skills of staff at the bedside. * Provides feedback to staff on performance based on observation and chart review.* Conducts bedside critical thinking exercises with nurses during patient rounds.* Facilitates and conducts bedside orientation for critical situations/experiences after the orientation period.* Provides Just-in-time training and coaching at the elbow.* Reports mentoring and bedside educational activities to the Nurse Manager on an ongoing basis.* Supports and participates in daily unit huddles.* Models bedside shift report, involving the patient and family in the shift report handoff processes, utilizes SBAR in all handoffs and validates consistency of all practices. * Role models and educates frontline team members regarding improvement of Nurse Sensitive Indicators, Culture of Mobility, Patient Experience initiatives including AIDET and HEAT model.* Completes initiatives to improve frontline team member engagement and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates professional accountability and leadership. * Provides clinical leadership to achieve desired patient outcomes.* Holds self and others to high standards of professional practice and behavior.* Develops and maintains positive relationships between staff, physicians, and other departments* Develops strategies to promote teamwork and collegiality.* Demonstrates ability to manage time, multiple priorities, and changing demands assuring work is completed.* Acts as a role model and demonstrates expertise in conflict resolution and negotiation.* Demonstrates creativity and innovation in approach to complex problem solving.* Evaluates and communicates input on the professional practice environment and unit process effectiveness to the Nurse Manager.* Continuously evaluates staff performance and provides Input to the Nurse Manager.* Provides timely and ongoing feedback on patient, physician, and staff issues to Nurse Manager.* Monitors patient flow Issues and assists with problem solving and resolving these Issues.* Assess patient status for safety and establish preventive measures as needed.* Assesses environment and unit processes for patient safety risks and assists in the establishment of plans and interventions to reduce risk (falls, wounds, nutrition, NPSG compliance, etc.)*