IT Telecomm Engineer
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The IT Telecomm engineer works with telecommunications equipment and services to solve problems, assess situations and apply solutions including: Cisco UCCX call flow design and scripting, support of Cisco Finesse, contact center report creation and management, setup of contact center display boards, and installation of patches and system upgrades for Cisco Unified Communications products. Will be responsible for project management, cost estimation, & implementation planning. Coordinates vendor support and works with telco providers to order and support SIP trunks and other voice circuits. Provides support to Telecom Technicians and to business owners in maintaining the Carle phone service standards. Creates detailed, as-built documentation and support procedures. Telecom Engineer will also assist with the implementation of a dial plan for the organization.
Bachelors Engineering General or Five (5) years of Telecommunications experience with strong engineering background.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Illinois and
Three (3) Telecommunications. Three (3) years of Telecommunications experience with strong engineering background. Must be a seasoned veteran in the Telecommunication field with good understanding of installation and repair of equipment. Must have experience with Cisco Unified Communications. Must possess a good understanding of Cisco Voice Gateways such as the VG Series Analog Routers. Knowledge of Cube routing and hardware is a plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must have good communication skills, be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and be adaptable to change. Have excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as good decision-making/problem-solving skills. Maintain a strong customer focus. Have a good understanding of TCP/IP, networks, VOIP, QOS, wireless, and broadband. Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, telecom vendors and products, and service contracting.
- Software administration, report generation, telecom analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinates new software installations and changes to existing service.
- Designs and maintains telephone software.
- Manages Work Orders (Wos) as assigned and complete work by scheduled due dates.
- Recommends alternatives to system and facility design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Responsible for evaluation, analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of telecommunications products and systems.
- Determines appropriate methodology for installing telephone service.
- Determines appropriateness of equipment and circuit purchases, changes or modifications.
- Identifies problems and develops specific input and output procedures.
- Maintains telecommunications hardware, software and services inventory.
- Performs engineering design evaluations.
- Provides documentation by properly labeling wiring, blocks, panels and anything pertaining to telecommunications equipment.
- Provides reports, completes requests for new service.