Lab Technical Coord - CMH Laboratory - 7920
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for coordination of technical and support staff involved in the processes of procurement, testing, and reporting in the clinical laboratory. Works collaboratively with management and staff to achieve accurate test results, advance performance improvement and improve financial outcomes as set by the Laboratory Director or Managers. Serves as a technical resource to internal and external customers.
Bachelor's Degree in in Medical Technology with CLS certification by ASCP or equivalent certifying body or Bachelor's Degree in n Medical Technology, Chemistry, or Biology with CLT certification by ASCP or equivalent certifying body required.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) or CLS certification by ASCP or equivalent certifying body. upon hire.
5-7 years of experience in clinical laboratory
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser.Effective communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate with a variety of people
- Responsible for coordination of technical and support personnel within the general testing areas of the laboratoryProvides support and leadership, communicating critical information to all shifts.Evaluates workload and customer service requirements to determine staffing and training needs.Collaborates with manager to ensure performance reviews are conducted in an accurate and timely fashion. Contributes documentation of job performance and competency as related to pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical skillsAssists employees with personal development, action, and goals. Provides coaching and counseling and refers further disciplinary steps to the manager.Schedules training and educational opportunities for employees and students as available ensuring they are appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services provided.Ensures clean and well-maintained instruments and equipment and storage areas.Makes rounds with staff and reports employee needs and concerns to manager and directorOversees the scheduling or schedules staff as needed to ensure coverage in all sections and locations.Works with management in interviewing applicants, orienting new employees, and coaching current employees.
- Operates technical processes in the most cost-effective manner to improve financial and efficiency outcomes. Makes recommendations on staffing needs to manager.Maintains or reduces operating expenses and cost per billable test while maintaining valid customer service levels.Works with the Manager/Director to establish financial goals. Works with purchasing department in following guidelines of purchasing group and obtaining best pricing for reagent and consumables.Oversees inventory and ordering activities to ensure cost effectiveness.Responsible for the procurement of supplies and reducing supply costs.Implements operational efficiencies to maximize staffing and reduce costs.Works with management in preparing and recommending capital requests.Meets with Sales Representatives as needed.Possesses knowledge and at least intermediate computer skills to accomplish work within existing LIS and HISSupports and implements LEAN processes
- Determines customer valid requirements and coordinates services to meet or exceed needs. Functions as problem solver by exhibiting critical thinking.Identifies internal and external customers and determines requirements through meetings and cross-functional team participation.Evaluates workload and workflow to optimize turnaround time and overall general laboratory efficiency.Help set and monitor quality indicators for the general laboratory processes and outcomes, working as a team with medical director, manager, leads, and with other staff as warranted.Reviews and investigates complaints, concerns, and problems to determine root causes.Recommends policy changes and works with staff to implement process changes in the course of problem resolution.Maintains technical knowledge and keeps up with new technologies and testing strategies in order to provide the most-cost-effective, compliant laboratory testing.Assures the continuous quality improvement of clinical testing services by timely investigation of Event Reports and appropriate correction action.Assists in performance improvement initiatives and submits PI data or reports in a timely fashion to management and or PI teamsSupports through PI Initiatives the Laboratory PI goals and objectives.Strives to improve employee satisfaction and safety
- Functions as a technical resource while demonstrating and facilitating teamwork and communication.Communicates and interacts with Pathology group to maintain excellent patient care.Fosters a culture within the Laboratory that promotes prevention, detection, and resolution of conduct that does not conform to established standards, regulatory requirements, and UnityPoint Health ethical and business policies.Remains updated on issues as they change.Possesses knowledge to correlate test resul