RN 2 On Call- CMH Hospice
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The After Hours RN is a professional caregiver who is a member of the interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include the
coordination and provision of direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process to meet the physical, psychosocial,
environmental, and spiritual needs of Carle Home Services specific patient populations and families throughout the
geographical area. The after-hours nurse provides for continuity of care by coordination of care through triaging, patient visits
and admissions. This position will be responsible for the services that are provided when the hospice office is closed through
phone triage, patient visits, and admissions.
Associate's Degree in in the field of Nursing. or Bachelor's Degree in in the field of Nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) Must possess and maintain current certification within 30 days of hire/start date. within 30 days and Driver's License Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License in the State of Illinois. upon hire
1-3 years of experience in/with recent hospice/home health care nursing background.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skillsAdvanced writing skillsAdvanced oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Triages patient calls during non-business hours demonstrating flexibility in meeting the needs of the patient and/or caregiver/family. * Answers calls professionally with approved department greeting* Uses video technology as appropriate to enhance communications and decision making* Interviews the patient or family member utilizing language that is easy to understand (layman's terminology)* Independently utilizes critical thinking skills to determine priority of patient needs - determining if a home visit is necessary or the phone or video communication can adequately meet the needs.* Attends all deaths to provide emotional support to all caregivers and make required notifications
- Completes accurate and timely documentation in patient's electronic medical record* Documents all calls in patient's EMR* Provides clinical records that will comply with Home Care policies and procedures, state and federal laws, and adheres to the stands of other regulatory agencies.* Submits all clinical documentation per Home Care policies/procedures.
- Ensures quality care management by providing appropriate documentation, communication, collaboration and other follow up and by using time, supplies and resources productively.* Ensures quality and the safe delivery of home health care services* Reviews patient symptoms and advises family/caregiver of medication changes per hospice physician signed protocol.* Calls physician for change orders as necessary.* Assumes screening/admission responsibility of clients that are referred.* Evaluates, formulates and communicates education with the client, caregivers and families based on their changing needs.* Ensures quality and safe delivery of care.* Respects client confidentiality in all communication.* Communicates to the physician changes in the client's condition or status.* Obtains, interprets, clarifies and implements physician orders.* Communication and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team as client needs change