Transporter- CMH Medical Imaging Admin
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of patients, specimens, supplies, medication, film, records, equipment and miscellaneous items.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 3 months.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic reading, writing, oral English skillsAccountabilityMulticultural sensitivityCustomer/patient focusedBasic computer knowledgeCritical thinking skills using independentJudgement in making decisionsAbility to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Performs transportation duties in an independent manner with little or no direct supervision.* Safely transports patients and any supplies/items as directed evaluating patient's transportation needs and requests additional help if needed before moving patients* Understands and complies with current National Patient Safety Goals* Understands correct patient identifiers* Follows proper hand sanitizing procedures when entering and exiting patient rooms* Uses proper lifting techniques when moving the patient* Uses proper BSI technique when handling and transporting specimens/medications* Accepts direction from nursing staff for patient care guidance* Utilizes appropriate process to notify floor staff when taking a patient off the floor* Understands the process for Lab Courier: delivering blood and specimens
- Performs department maintenance duties to ensure a clean, efficient department.* Maintains equipment and ensures patient transportation equipment is in proper working order and properly tags and reports defective equipment* Stores transportation equipment in designated areas when not in use* Maintains neat patient environment and handles linen appropriately* Participates in assigned maintenance tasks such as: cleaning transportation equipment and filling portable O2 tank
- Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective care.* Completes care while conserving resources preventing waste of supplies* Completes work within assigned shift* Uses time effectively in locating wheelchairs and stretchers* Overtime used only as requested by Manager or lead staff* Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work with changes as directed
- Performs support functions of the medical imaging and treatment services departments to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.* Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care* Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel following all infection control policies and procedures concerning patient contact, specimen handling and equipment usage* Shows courtesy, effectiveness and discretion when dealing with physicians, guests and other hospital personnel* Demonstrates a practical problem-solving approach to patient moving and handling issues.* Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment.