Nuc Med Tech - CMH Nuclear Medicine
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
- Sign on Bonus Available!
- Relocation Bonus (if moving from 50+ mi away)
- Referral Bonuses (once hired)
- Shift & Weekend Differentials available.
- Benefits available from day 1 for qualified employees.
- Regional Team (Rotates between Methodist, Proctor, Pekin & North Allen)
- No Weekday call - Weekends only from 7a-10a!
- Performs routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures.
- Conducts nuclear medicine procedures for patients of all ages.
- Aims to confirm or deny the necessity of required treatment using nuclear imaging techniques.
- Utilizes independent judgment to adapt procedures for specific diagnostic outcomes.
- Ensures the safety and comfort of patients during nuclear medicine examinations.
- Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients as required for imaging.
- Operates nuclear medicine imaging equipment to obtain accurate diagnostic results.
- Collaborates with the radiology team to interpret and communicate nuclear medicine findings.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of nuclear medicine procedures and patient information.
- Adheres to safety protocols and regulatory guidelines during nuclear medicine examinations.
Associate's Degree in the field(s) of Radiology or alternatively a Bachelors Degree or other related fields
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Nuclear Medicine Tech Certification (NMTCB) Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist upon hire or IEMA Nuclear Medicine License IL State License in Nuclear Medicine required upon hire
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health facilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic reading, writing, oral English skillsAccountabilityMulticultural sensitivityCustomer/patient focusedBasic computer knowledgeCritical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisionsAbility to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Clinical Excellence/Patient Care* Performs diagnostic Nuclear Medicine procedures in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination within the guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of Medical Imaging to assigned patients of all ages. * Exhibits competency in performing diagnostic imaging and radionuclide therapy * Completes scheduling, ordering radiopharmaceutical and patient preparation guidelines * Performs and documents administrations of all Radiopharmaceuticals * Maintains quality care throughout the procedure practicing radiation protection maintaining personal exposure ALARA * Performs required equipment quality control * Documents quality control records and images camera floods * Follows all conditions of MMCI radioactive material license and IDNS regulations * Completes all radiation safety documentation * Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing. * Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider's orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
- Clinical Excellence* Maintains working knowledge of equipment and procedures in order to function in multiple areas of the department. * Technically knowledgeable of equipment operation and performs reasonable troubleshooting * Checks and observes equipment for general safety and appropriate operation * Maintains clean work area, checks and stocks all supplies in their specific area and verifies pertinent accessories assigned to that room * Knowledgeable of Hot Lab and procedures * Receives radioactive packages; prepares doses for disposition; maintains radioactive waste for storage * Knowledgeable of thyroid ablations and therapies * Fulfills all documentation for IDNS requirements * Performs Schilling's and Red Cell mass procedures * Demonstrates a practical problem solving approach to patient moving and handling issues. * Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment.
- Building Relationships* Performs support functions of the Nuclear Medicine/PET Department to ensure patient expectations and needs are met. Assumes personal responsibility for training fellow technologists/students and uses time, supplies and other resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective care for our patients. * Promptly processes films and paper work to ensure timely turn around in providing a report * Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care by transporting to and from the department as required and working with multiple patients at one time utilizing appropriate resources to ensure safety * Promptly and accurately enters patient information into RIS system and all other medical records to ensure efficient patient throughput * Maintains the QA, QC and QI programs * Shares knowledge, guides, and encourages fellow technologists/students with proper department protocol and procedures * Displays a professional attitude in the area toward fellow technologists/students, fostering mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment