Recovery Support Specialist - Living Room Grant
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provide experience, education and professional services to assist and support individuals in developing and/or maintaining recovery-oriented, wellness-focused lifestyles.
Certificate in CPRS Certification Once Eligible
Lived experience in Recovery
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood altering chemicals and behaviors.
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skillsAdvanced writing skillsAdvanced oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm handoff. * Ability to provide advocacy, education, recovery and wellness support.* Is knowledgeable and capable of working with patients who present in crisis and therapeutic intervention* Identifying patient need for services and use identified evidence-based approach.* Is able to engage patients within the living room process. * Ability to establish a collaborative relationship with the patient, provide practical and personalized support for entering and adhering to discharge planning* Assist in creation of recovery planning* Facilitate discharge planning* Ensuring that patient receives support and motivation to engage in and adhere to ongoing treatment.* Provides that all patient contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each patient. Patient care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner.* Participates in interdisciplinary clinical staffing or ensures pertinent information is provided to team* Demonstrates Motivational Interviewing skills when working with patients.
- Provide continuum of care/follow up care to patients.* Be available after discharge to deliver recovery support, as needed.* Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services* Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning.* Provide detailed communication to receptive discharge providers to ensure warm handoff in the care coordination process.* Ability to identify barriers to transportation and assist with getting patient transportation to appointments* Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime - helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations.* Work with insurance provided transportation programs to ensure transportation
- Provide education/information to patients, families, and other invested parties.* Is knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, family dynamic, and administration of naloxone products.* Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products.* Ability to provide consultation with patient, family, insurance provider, and treatment providers to confirm recommended course of treatment is covered and/or affordable.
- Assist in facilitation of services, based on quality initiatives and documentation in EMR.* Ensures accurate documentation* Collaborates with Care Team to ensure documentation is present to supports warm hand off.* Documents all Discharge Planning components accurately in EMR* Assist with documentation in EMR to support quality initiatives* Assist with audits for medical necessity documents as requested