Patient Safety Companion - Adult Psych 8 Hamilton
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide additional assistance in monitoring patients for various safety risks and the prevention of harm.
H.S. Diploma/GED in High school diploma or GED equivalent required
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and
Must be at least 18 years of age
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health facilities/hospitals.
- required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser. Multicultural sensitivity Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Ensure patient's safety by providing a safe environment Directly observes identified patient(s) at all times during assigned shift Provides activities as necessary for patient entertainment and treatment purposes Removes items from patient room/surroundings that are potentially dangerous Ensures implementation of patient safety protocols including but not limited to elopement risk, suicide risk, self-harm potential, fall risk, and risk of aggression. Maintains patient's privacy and ensure confidentiality
- Assist patient with routine activities Assists patient with meal selection (as appropriate)Assists with tray set up if no restrictions Answers patient phone or assists patient in making calls Notifies nursing staff to assist patient with clinical activities
- Coordinate care with appropriate hospital personnel Consults with Lead RN or assigned RN, Security, other staff as needed Reports intake and output to assigned RNReports observations about patient and patient's behavior to assigned RNReports changes in patient behavior to nursing staff in timely manner
- Document implementation of safety protocols Ensures safety protocols are utilized according to policy Documents implementation of appropriate protocols Documents proof of observation and other protocols on flow sheet