Performance Improvement Specialist
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Process Improvement and Project Management Engineer reports to the Manager of Process Improvement and Project Management and is responsible for the assistance and facilitation of organizational strategic initiatives related to process improvement and project management. The position works closely with the executive and regional management teams to support the organization's financial and quality goals in the Central Illinois region and throughout the UnityPoint Health system. The position applies process improvement and project management techniques to assist in process design and improvement and successful project management of strategic and business initiatives. Using a robust skill set including project management, lean six sigma, change management and data analysis, the position helps to ensure the delivery of outcomes that contribute to quality performance, patient and employee satisfaction, strategic success and financial strength. Elements of success include strong team facilitation, expert communication skills, data analysis expertise and proficiency in problem solving techniques.
Bachelor's Degree and
1 or more years of experience in/with TQM, CQI, Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management, Baldrige, or other improvement methodologies and the specific skills associated with the methodologies is required (such as charter creation, process mapping, gap analysis, root cause analysis, action planning, control plans)
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skillsAdvanced writing skillsAdvanced oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customers/co-workersInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Intermediate computer knowledge: Ability to troubleshoot minor problems, operates within a network environment, uses spreadsheets, databases, word processing and internet/intranet applications proficiently. Learns new applications without difficulty.Proficiency with MS Office AppsMS Access and MS Project proficiency is optional
- Facilitate improvement initiatives and manage projectsFacilitates improvement and project teams of all sizes that involve team members from multiple departments and roles within the organization, managing conflict and resource constraints for effective project completion and issue resolutionAssists teams in the design of new processes, systems and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectivenessServes as a change management facilitatorPlans and organizes project work and meetings to efficiently use stakeholder time and organizational resourcesIdentifies and uses appropriate methodologies and tools (Lean, DMAIC, Prog Mgt, Change Management) to effectively facilitate and manage projectsDevelops action and implementation plans to support completion of continuous improvement and project management initiativesSchedules and delegates work with clear ownership for project tasks, provide coaching and support as needed; monitor task completionCompletes projects in a timely manner without compromising accuracy or quality
- Communicate and educate for organizational effectiveness and personal developmentEnsures project results are effectively and fully communicated to all stakeholders in a timely manner, using strong presentation and writtenWorks collaboratively with marketing for global, system and organization-wide communication needsKeeps up to date on changes and advances in the field, incorporating new techniques and tools where appropriateMaintains confidentiality of data and information used during projectsUnderstands and works within the political nature of the organizationAdapts to changes in the work environment and manage competing demandsDevelops organizational expertise in continuous improvement and project management methodology, tools and techniques, including statistical analysis
- Understand and manage data for projects and effective problem solvingAssists leaders in the establishment of operational performance measurements, project goals and milestonesIdentifies data needs, gathers and synthesizes complex information and completes data analysis to identify performance patterns and uses data to support root cause analysis and improvement identification in partnership with data analyticsResearches and collects comparative and benchmark information for use by leadership and project teamsConsiders data implications on ROI, budgets, selection of improvements and project direction; demonstrate strong commitment to tracking progress, monitoring performance and initiating action when appropriate
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives with focus on organizational goals and prioritiesCollaborates with management, physicians, department leadership and staff to identify and assesses opportunities for improvement, serving as a subject matter expert on continuous improvement methodology and project management techniquesIncorporates key strategic initiatives and organizational priorities into assigned projects to ensure all interests of the organization are met; gauge and adapt direction of projects to maintain strategic alignmentWrites charters to clarify goals, objectives, project scope, stakeholders and available resources for improvement and project management opportunitiesParticipates on all assigned committees and teams