Experience Specialist- CMPG Endocrinology
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Experience Specialists reflect a commitment to Carle Health's values and play a vital role in the experience of our patients, families, and visitors. As a central point of contact, the Experience Specialist creates meaningful first and lasting impressions and serve as a liaison between patients/families/visitors and members of the health care team to address questions, provide non-medical information and to simply help patients/families/visitors navigate their healthcare experience.
H.S. Diploma/GED in High School or Vocational School graduate
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals, and members of their support systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, education, and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Smile and greet patients, families, and visitors with a warm welcome, proactively communicate with the patient which includes listening with empathy and intent to understand and provides patients and families opportunities to ask questions.
- Collaborate with and report patient/family concerns to appropriate team members as needed and assist with resolution of concerns.
- Consults with members of the healthcare team and provides updates and other information to patients and families.
- Answer telephone calls in a clear, courteous, caring, calm and professional manner.
- Screen calls by urgency and route calls promptly, accurately, and professionally to appropriate party.
- Make, cancel, and reschedule patient appointments maintaining appointment schedule according to office procedure.
- Support all digital communication to patients with the highest level of service and professionalism, while remaining compliant with regulations and documented processes.
- Individuals will be responsible for helping deliver timely and accurate information to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Gather, verify, and enter demographic and insurance information on new and established patients necessary for completion of electronic health record and insurance claim processing at each patient visit on patient accounting system.
- Assist with proactive charge capture along with billing accuracy for providers and patients.
- Collect payments, issue receipts, and reconcile daily receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits.
- Open and/or close the clinic following specified guidelines of individual clinic.
- Collaborates with appropriate support services to ensure the environment is clean and welcoming.
- Demonstrates effective and caring communication skills and telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Interacts with patients, families, visitors, and team members in a positive and supportive manner with sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Work independently and responsible for timely completion of assigned functions.
- Be aware of what is happening in the clinic department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization's intranet site.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.