Home Health Aide
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To assist Professional Registered Nurses (RN) by providing basic nursing care in the home to clients of all ages and performing assigned and required departmental functions.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days and
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Basic reading skillsBasic writing skillsBasic oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Minimal computer knowledge: Can perform very basic functions within a Windows environment.
- Provides quality care for the promotion and maintenance of health to clients of all ages and groups.* Provides personal care on an intermittent basis in accordance with the Plan of Treatment (POT). This care includes, but is not limited to:* Bathing* Oral hygiene* Skin care* Foot care* Back care* Hair care* Client activities, as ordered* Personal care* Linen changing* Bed making* Light straightening of client area* Positioning* Lifting* Transferring* Cleaning equipment* Adhering to specified infection control measures* Emptying Foley catheter bags* Administering enemas* Range of Motion (ROM's)* Non-sterile dressing changes* Generalized comfort measures* Provides care to meet client's individual needs in an appropriate and safe manner.* Assesses and records client's vital signs at each visit.* Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the individual client.* Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the primary nurse regarding the need for changes in client/caregiver services.* Reports any significant change in the client's condition or pertinent observations or reactions to the primary nurse and/or Home Health Clinical Manager in a timely manner according to Home Health Services Department (HHSD) protocol.
- Ensures quality client care by providing appropriate documentation and communication and by using time, supplies and other resources productively.* Completes appropriate visit documentation regarding the client's care according to MMCI/HHSD policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.* Communicates with the primary nurse on a regular basis regarding client care and concerns.* Documents communication with the primary nurse and other healthcare team members in the client's Visit Record.* Demonstrates good communication skills with the client/caregiver.* Demonstrates good interpersonal relationships and positive communication skills with co-workers.* Communications the client/caregiver's needs to other staff members when others are assigned to the client's care.* Communicates routine primary client reports to the Home Health Services Clinical Manager.* Communicates reports and completes appropriate documentation regarding client occurrences following HHSD policy/procedure.* Uses time, supplies and other Carle Health HHSD resources productively to promote responsive and cost-effective client care.* Provides clinical documentation that is complete, legible, accurate.* Submits documentation in a timely manner.* Provides appropriate documentation via the Visit Record that complies with MMCI HHSD policy/procedure, State and Federal Rules and Regulations and will adhere to the Standards of Joint Commission.
- Demonstrates punctuality and flexibility in work schedule to meet the needs of the client/caregiver and the needs of the department.* Utilizes time so that client care is maximized.* Organizes visit schedule so that clients are seen within the assigned time required.* Shows flexibility in work schedule by beginning the start of the work day earlier or ending later or by changing daily schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the client/caregiver and meet the needs of the department.* Responds willingly to requests by HHSD to assist in covering extra visits for HHSD or with other Carle Health departments (e.g., Hospice).* Reports all changes in the client schedule to HHSD immediately so that appropriate action can be taken.* Turns in cellular phone statements/payments by the specified time.
- Maintains knowledge base of approved procedures and basic care developments in the field of home care and recognizes ongoing education and training is necessary for growth and development.* Attends and participates in in-service programs relating to appropriate procedures, policies, equipment and treatments which are specifically directed to the Home Care Aide (HCA).* Attends and participates in semi-monthly staff/team meetings.* Attends mandatory and annual in-services which