Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst position implements, modifies, tests and administers modules and systems related to revenue cycle system applications. Serves as a liaison between vendors, I.T. personnel, other application analysts, management and end users to resolve questions related to system functionality and design. Assesses end user needs and recommends modifications. Recommends and documents procedural changes. Develops standard and customized application reports. Performs all analytical tasks as assigned in the development of each program and secures the documentation, testing, and final analysis to ensure job and system efficiency. Performs team and integrated testing for all functionality of billing systems and their interfaces. Functions as resource for users in the development of time saving processes or new features.
Associates Degree in Computer Science, Accounting/Finance or Business required. Grandfather Clause: Employees initially placed 5/20/2012 are exempt from meeting the educational requirement for placement into that position only.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Epic Systems application certification must be attained within 2 months after an Epic training course is provided. In addition new version training (NVT) must be kept current.Weight 1 - All Readiness. Access: Benefits Engine, Welcome. Clinical: In Basket, LUCY. Hospital: Resolute HB Insurance Follow Up, Resolute HB Payment Application, Resolute HB Self Pay. Provider: Resolute PB Charge Capture, Resolute PB Insurance F/U, Resolute PB Payment Application, Resolute PB Self Pay F/U. Weight 2 - Access: Cadence, Referrals. Clinical: ASAP, CareEverywhere, My Chart, OpTime, Orders, Stork, Willow. Reporting: Clarity Data Model - ADT or PB/HB, RWB - Admin and Writing. Technical: Data Courier, Hyperspace Configuration, Identity, Scanning.Weight 4 - Access: Prelude/ADT. Claims: Resolute HB Claims, Resolute PB Claims. Clinical: CPC, Epic Care Ambulatory, Epic Care In-patient, HIM Coding & Abstracting. Hospital: Resolute HB Admin, Resolute HB Chg Capture and CDM. Provider: Resolute PB Admin. Technical: Bridges Interfaces, Charge Router. Training: Training TED.
Two (2) years health care financial / revenue cycle related experience or computer programming experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of the Epic modules and applications related to Revenue Cycle, the Claims Manager System, and other systems, interfaces, and processes related to billing.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge or resource regarding the functionality of all modules in the billing systems.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of project planning. Develops plans for small projects.
- Performs comparative analysis of system design to requirements identified by users within the revenue cycle area.
- Acts as a team member to maintain various system parameter tables including reference tables (ICD codes, payor plans, provider, procedures etc.) issue enhancement logs, etc.
- Coordinates and engages in unit and integrated application testing.
- Identifies system requirements in base revenue cycle areas.
- Serves as first point of contact for systems end-users for issues related to information system performance across revenue cycle areas.
- Accepts shared responsibility for on-going support of revenue software applications.
- Researches, documents, and facilitates resolution to issues reported by end-users.
- Develops and monitors measurements of process improvements identified in system solutions.
- Creates ad hoc reports and application report templates for multiple purposes.
- Reviews, researches, tests and facilitates system updates and responsible for user maintenance for multiple systems.
- Assists with the development and testing of 3rd party systems housed outside of the revenue cycle with regards to billing charge files and master files.
- Researches and utilizes 3rd party software to create programming logic to aid operational processes.
- Maintains general knowledge of CPT, ICD codes and HCPCS and HIPAA Transaction Code Sets.
- Drafts reference materials and assists with documentation for training courses to prepare staff for effective system use.
- May Develop and Coordinate System Training to End Users.
- Provides support for 24 x 7 environments. Participates in on-call responsibilities including early morning and evening hours to support customer needs.
- Adheres to and enforces Carle Foundation Administrative and Departmental policies and procedures.