Environmental Services Technician- CMH EVS
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provides routine as well as non-routine specific duties including but not limited to, automatic floor machine, pro-vacuum, battery buffers, parking deck sweeper, etc., carpet care, and hard surface floor care. Also provides pick up and transfer of hazardous chemicals from various departments in the medical center to the chemical shed
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Basic reading skillsBasic writing skillsBasic oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic Skill
- Floor, Carpet and Furniture Care Performs floor and furniture care in a safe and efficient manner.Strips/waxes floors as assigned.Scrubs, strips, waxes, hard floors and extracts carpet in an acceptable manner.Operates riding scrubbers and buffers.Cleans carpets and furniture with the appropriate equipment and chemicals.Utilizes time appropriately while wax or carpets are drying.
- Equipment Returns equipment in a neat and clean condition to the appropriate location.Uses swing machines, buffers, auto scrubbers, riding buffer, riding scrubber, wet vacuum, blowers, extractors, furniture cleaning equipment and carpet spotter.Completes Audio/visual equipment is delivery, returns and maintains with all broken units reported to Lead or Manager.Keeps equipment storage area neat and orderly.Completes daily job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- TeamworkSupports the efforts of fellow employees through teamwork.Accepts changing conditions, new procedures, and work direction from others.Communicates with the appropriate personnel within and outside the department. Wears name badge and uniform according to policies.Adheres to the Absent/tardy to maintain their performance.Maintains attendance and competencies in all in-services. Assists with all moves and set ups.Initiates ideas and procedures to streamline operations.
- Chemicals Determines which chemical is used for each job. Uses chemicals appropriately 100% of time.Chemicals labeled and stored in a safe manner.Mixes furniture and carpet cleaning pre-sprays.Maintains familiarity with dwell times.Keeps closet neat and orderly.Transports hazardous material in a safe and appropriate manner with Manager present.Wears appropriate PPE at all times.