Assistant Registrar- Methodist College
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Assistant Registrar expertly navigates student records, from prospects through alumnus. This process involves significant work in transfer credit management and application within the institution's student information system. The Assistant Registrar is also key in facilitating the usage of the College facilities. It is imperative that the Assistant Registrar be able to build and sustain meaningful relationships among individuals from the myriad constituencies that are at and have relationships with the College.
Three years of experience using a student management system.
One year of experience with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
College registration and records maintenance procedures
Student services databases
Guidelines and regulations applicable to college admissions and registrations functions
Microsoft Office Applications
Best practices in managing transfer credits
Organizing and managing college record-keeping functions
Advanced written skills
- Evaluates new and current student transcripts for transfer credit Examines course descriptions and collaborates with Academic Leadership to determine whether a potential course can be transferred as an equivalent course at Methodist College Manages transfer questions for prospects and existing Methodist College students Manages the post-matriculation transfer credit process in collaboration with Academic Leadership and the Registrar
- Student information processing Completes student paperwork including entering and logging adds/drops/withdrawals, section balancing, and manual enrollments Recognized potential issues created by students' withdrawal/dropping of classes pertinent to satisfactory progress and notifies students Updates student status in CAMS, make provisional admits students before orientation Applies knowledge regarding proper coding of student information data points needed for full enrollment and accurate representation in our student information system Communicates with students in person and via phone and email regarding registration/transfer questions Researches issues brought forward by students and provides responses based on existing policies Organizes Registrar's Office by tracking student files and filing paperwork
- Builds course offerings/makes room assignments; opens and cancels courses Monitors small section sizes and recognizes opportunities to work with Academic Leadership to maximize resource utilization, while balancing course outcomes
- Oversees the updates and chances made to Undergraduate and Graduate Academic Catalogs Manages the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs in collaboration with academic leadership to determine the information to include in the documents Identifies and manages timelines necessary to deliver the catalogs for Board of Directors' approval in a timely manner
- Reserve classrooms and conference rooms for on campus meetings