Nursing Professional Dev Spec - CMH NPD
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for adherence to the clinical standards of practice to ensure quality patient care. Designs and coordinates programs that enhance nursing personal and professional growth and development.
Bachelor's Degree in in Nursing (BSN)
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser. Multicultural sensitivity.Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
- Needs Assessment and Education: The Professional Development Specialist collects data and information to identify clinical professional practice gaps. Then designs education to improve practice and enhance the professional development of nursing personnel.* Create a formal or informal needs assessment for content resource area(s).* Prioritize education based on needs assessments.* Develop innovative education including but not limited to live, blended, or online content.* Present live content effectively and efficiently. * Plans for awarding continuing education contact hours, if desired, in accordance with accrediting agency requirements. * Evaluate the impact of educational offerings on nursing knowledge, skills and/ or clinical practice. * Promote staff professional engagement through clinical advancement programs and certification.
- On-Boarding and Competency Management: The Nursing Professional Development Specialist will demonstrate the ability to design, implement, and evaluate on-boarding for diverse learners. * Assist in delivery of structured orientation of nursing staff. * Engage learner during orientation to create an individualized on-boarding plan that meets their preferred learning style(s) and needs.* Assess and evaluate initial and on-going competency level of nursing personnel.* Monitor new hires progress throughout orientation.* Validate competencies necessary for safe patient care that promote exemplary professional practice and meet regulatory requirements. * Remediate nursing personnel based on evaluation of individual clinical competence.
- Data Analysis and EBP/Research: The Nursing Professional Development specialist will evaluate quality and safety data, and assist in process improvement, that improves patient care and nursing practice.* Participate in interdisciplinary teams and councils.* Assist nursing leadership inappropriate management of education, process, and performance issues. * Participate in evidence based practice activities that generate new knowledge or integrate best available practice.* Collect and review available data that captures empirical outcomes. * Assist in developing solutions for quality, workflow, or safety concerns. * Revise current policies and clinical practice guidelines as assigned.
- Clinical Leadership and Program/Project Management: The Nursing Professional Development specialist provides transformational leadership and structural empowerment in the clinical setting. Engage in self-reflection on own personal and professional development to enhance daily practice.* Conduct intentional educator rounds. * Participates in delivering patient care when needed. * Provide on-the-spot staff education based on observation.* Serve as a resource for content area(s) that directly impact clinical outcomes.* Collaborate with multi-disciplinary personnel to improve skill levels, standards of care and quality outcomes based on individual patient/family needs.* Respond to and facilitate RRT or emergent situations.* Complete chart reviews for case studies/RCA/ACA/debriefings as assigned. * Act as a change agent within all settings* Manage human, financial and material resources based on identified needs and goals and in alignment with organizational and nursing strategic plan. * Ability to problem solve and implement resolution(s) in a timely manner. * Facilitate new program development and/or technology updates.