Student Success Nursing Coordinator
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provides presentations for various college constituents and tutorial assistance to at-risk students in the areas of nursing, various sciences, and math-for-medications, as well as coordinates services between students, faculty and student tutors as directed by the Director of the Center for Student Success.
Bachelor's Degree in in Nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Valid driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. upon hire.
One year of nursing experience.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of:current technologies and word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applicationstutoring processes and methodstutorial/learning materials and instructional aidesnursing instruction, curriculum and program developmentpaper editing, writing and nursing researchtest-taking strategies and study techniquesSkillspreparing instructional aids and planslistening to issues, synthesizing information and reaching sound conclusionspresenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing
- Provides one-on-one and group tutoring sessions (in person and virtually), supplemental learning workshops and presentations (test-taking, nutrition, pharmacology, orientation, services overview, SDS Grant, and more) for Methodist College students.
- Completes various administrative tasks for the Center for Student Success (CSS).* Records and maintains timely and accurate electronic databases with regards to attendance logs, Faculty Referral List data, Midterm Action Plans (MAPs), and Probation Plans* Creates supplemental learning materials including YouTube videos, worksheets, PowerPoints, etc. to facilitate student learning
- Collaborates with faculty to assess needs and develop remediation/action plans for struggling nursing students.
- Participates in the interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, and oversight of student workers for the CSS.
- Serves on various College committees.