Supervisor - Outpatient Behavioral Health & Addiction Services - Pekin
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Community Outpatient Behavioral Health and Addiction Services will provide daily oversight of the community outpatient programs and staff to ensure quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks are met. Provides staff supervision to ensure that the care model requirements are met and that best care is provided each and every encounter. Interacts with internal and external parties in a professional, timely manner.
Master's Degree in Counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, or a related field.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
CADC required within 2 years of employment. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) in the State of Illinois within 2 years of employment in Supervisor role.
Minimum of 2 years experience in behavioral health.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Must have interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal with a wide variety of clients and professionals with the ability to negotiate and establish effective working relationships with a multidisciplinary healthcare and community service team. Must demonstrate ability to identify and act upon psychosocial needs and work independently in an outcome orientated environment. Strong leadership skills and ability to form professional working relationships with peers. Ability to document in, have knowledge of and use of the computer.
Key Accountability-Program Level
- Role models professionalism for all disciplines; uses positive, proactive communication; is approachable; uses well-developed stress management skills; professional presentation reflects Carle Health Health mission, vision and values, creating an environment of trust and collaboration
- Is visible and accessible to staff on a regular basis
- Is available to staff by phone or arranges for such coverage during open program hours
- Assures that scheduling and staffing is timely, proactive, cost-effective, and meets the needs of the clients served
- Provides regularly scheduled supervision to program staff. Documents supervision in a compliant manner.
- Provides initial and ongoing training to program staff
- Monitors staff work regularly to ensure quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks are met.
- Reviews clinical documentation for medical necessity and appropriate treatment recommendations, assumes responsibility as the LPHA if applicable
- Recruits/retains high performing staff and ensures high staff performance by holding staff accountable
- Conducts annual performance reviews.
- Delivers patient care if/when necessary and assumes a leadership role in a clinical crisis situation
Key Accountability-Meet quality, compliance, and financial targets
- Participates in applicable trainings, teleconferences, and meetings.
- Ensures that individual and program productivity levels are met monthly.
- Holds staff accountable for individual productivity and compliance targets.
- Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives to ensure program is meeting quality, compliance, and productivity benchmarks.
- Participates in chart compliance reviews, analyzes results, and completes action plan for improvement.
- Prepares reports on activities and work group activities as needed.
- Ensures program meets compliance standards for all documentation and clinical charts.
- Informs manager and director of key components of the program.