Qualified Behavioral Health Professional - East Peoria
East Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide assistance to the multidisciplinary team in the assessment, treatment planning, counseling, and discharge planning for patients and their families. Works closely with the justice system in providing addiction and mental health services.
Master's Degree in required. and
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. upon hire.
1-3 years experience in working with patients in the addiction setting, behavioral health setting, or related setting.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery and must actively treat this addiction by appropriate recovery practices including.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Advanced reading, writing and oral skillsAbility to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker. Interaction with a wide variety of people. Maintain confidential information. Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information. Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor. Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Provides individual, group, and family counseling to assist patients/families in achieving treatment goalsProvides individual counseling to patients as stipulated on the treatment plan.Facilitates regularly scheduled group therapy/week.Assures that families are involved in treatment process.Provides family counseling as stipulated on the treatment plan.Group facilitation reflects expertise in group dynamics.Cognitive behavior therapy and other brief therapies are utilized whenever appropriate.Documentation is timely, succinct, legible.During times of low census (less than 4), will assist with assessments, admissions, and facilitating other groups at the direction of the Program Manager. When assisting as a team member to control an aggressive or violent patient, CPI methods will be used.
- Completes ongoing assessments of patientsDocumentation is timely, legible and succinct and includes impression and recommendation.Family and significant others are utilized whenever possible in the completion of ongoing assessment of the patient progress.Patient is ongoingly assessed during informal sessions as well as during formal individual and family sessions.Documentation of ongoing assessments reflect progress towards goals outlined in treatment plan.Facilitates various groups and assigned with attention to achievement of the goal or process associated with each group.Accurately documents activities according to the policies and procedures.Is knowledgeable of and capable of providing emergency assistance regarding inappropriate acting out behavior by any patient. Always attempts to utilize verbal redirection, interaction of other staff, before instituting emergency measures.Is knowledgeable and capable of working with patients who present a dual problem.
- Collaborates with other members of the treatment team as well as community providers in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan and provides referrals and discharge planning.Participates actively in regularly scheduled staffing meetings as well as community staffing.Collaborates with the court system and provides all requested information in a timely manner.Document identified problems, discipline specific interventions, discharge plan, goals met, etc on the treatment planProactively meets with other members of the treatment team to coordinate care and discharge planning specifically, psychiatrist, other community providers, patients, and family members.Begins discharge planning process as soon after admission as is clinically appropriate and that plan is in place prior to discharge.Keeps patient/family informed of plans as they progress (when clinically appropriate)Uses creativity and patient advocacy in the planning and implementation of the discharge planFacilitates transition between levels of care within Service Line continuum of careProvides necessary information to providers at next level of careProvides supervision to other Licensed seeking team members.