Rad Tech - CMH Cardiovascular Invasive
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
- Sign on Bonus – Up to $10,000!
- Relocation Bonus (if moving from 50+ mi away)
- Referral Bonuses (once hired)
- Shift & Weekend Differentials available.
- Benefits available from day 1 for qualified employees.
- First Shift – call rotation through dept.
- Face Paced Work Environment – In-depth cases.
- Assist Cardiologists in invasive and diagnostic/interventional cardiac/vascular and electrophysiologic procedures.
- Perform technical hemodynamic monitoring and interpret results using automated techniques.
- Provide care to meet patient needs during procedures.
- Handle other duties as required and assigned by the healthcare team.
Successful completion of a certificate program in Radiology required.
Associate’s Degree in the field of Radiologic Technology preferred.
1-3 years of experience in/with a sound knowledge base in Cardiology preferred.
Experience in hemodynamic monitoring and EKG interpretation, sterile techniques and invasive angiographic techniques preferred.
Current licensure in good standing as a Radiologic Technologist in the State of Illinois (IEMA) required.
Current certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) required.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Must possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 1 year of hire (required).
- To assist cardiologists in performing invasive coronary/vascular/EP diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures using a specific technique. To set up and operate a variety of electrical/imaging equipment and computers.Knowledge of hemodynamic concepts, cardiac anatomy and physiology, and the purpose and operation of equipment and supplies inherent in cardiac/vascular diagnostic and interventional proceduresKnowledge and competency in moderate sedation administration and policy protocolKnowledge of EP concepts, theory, and the fluoroscopic anatomy and physiology involved in diagnostic and interventional EP proceduresDisplays good judgement and problem-solving skillsDisplays ability to organize and prioritize performance based on procedural findingsAbility to recognize and assist in treatment of any complication arising from cardiac/vascular/EP diagnostic and interventional proceduresAdvocates for patient's needsAbility to set up sterile table with appropriate supplies specific to each procedure performed within the areaKnowledge of correct preparation and draping of patientsExtensive knowledge of use and function of supplies specific to cardiac/vascular diagnostic and interventional proceduresKnowledge and ability to properly connect to appropriate physiologic monitoring equipmentKnowledge of radiation safety and appropriate use and function of imaging equipmentAdvanced knowledge of EKG interpretation and arrhythmia recognition, analysis, and interpretationHemodynamic and procedural results/outcome interpretationSelection and operation of procedural supplies/equipment based on procedural findingsKnowledge of data analysis and interpretation specific to device implantation and functionOperation of both monophasic and biphasic defibrillatorsAbility to effectively communicate and educate patient during procedures to alleviate anxiety and ensure focused patient careAbility to recognize and assist any anesthesia needs inherent in the care of the deeply sedated or anesthetized patientCollaborate with Research RN/Coordinator in carrying out laboratory-based researchExcellence in communication skills and professional interaction enable incumbent to interact with physicians so that patient safety, satisfaction and optimal patient outcomes are facilitated during proceduresCollaborates with team members and other health care providers in planning patient care specific to procedures being performed; assumes accountability for patient care by directing team members, if necessary, so that a standard of excellence and optimal patient outcomes can be achievedExcellence in communication skills enable incumbent to effectively train and mentor team membersAppropriate, professional interaction with various vendors to ensure patient safety and positive outcomes resulting from product and/or equipment/supply useUpdates knowledge and skills as equipment changes are implemented within the areaChecks and evaluates equipment to ensure adequate performance and general safety on a daily basisManages digital archiving system ensuring safe storage of patient images and reportsPromptly notifies appropriate personnel and removes any malfunctioning equipmentPromptly reports any equipment or supply malfunction or defective status so that proactive steps may be taken to ensure patient safetyDemonstration of knowledge and ability to trouble-shoot and/or problem-solve any equipment within the areaDemonstrate the ability to query archived images from deep archive storage, as well as create CD's to facilitate transmission of patient informationKnowledge and recognition of Invasive Cardiology routines
- Provides care to the patient undergoing coronary invasive procedures in the Cath Lab through the use of guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards of care. To report significant observations and reactions to appropriate personnel and document care provided.To maintain a working knowledge of aseptic techniqueProficient in set-up of all proceduresAssist in pa