Medical Assistant- Fam Med Peartree Clinic
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of a health care provider, Medical Assistant Non-Certified, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
H.S. Diploma/GED in required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License upon hire when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Computer data entry experience.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment, and minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider.
- Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient's electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of IPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies, (i.e., health department).
Development and Patient Education
- Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails, and regularly checking information on the organization's intranet site.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA, and personnel workplace rules.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.