Program Technician - New Leaf
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Program Tech works the treatment team to ensure complete coordination of the client's treatment from admission through discharge. Monitors the day to day client activities in a residential setting. Position exists to provide clinical support to team and external/internal customers and to help ensure the security of consumers and physical plant.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Valid Drivers License upon hire and
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skillsAdvanced writing skillsAdvanced oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
PROVIDES CLINICALLY SUPPORTIVE SERVICES AS REQUIRED BY PROGRAM
- Understand the symptoms and behaviors associated with substance use and mental illness.
- Ability to recognize of the warning signs for suicide.
- Knowledge of opiate overdose signs and symptoms.
- Demonstrates Active Listening, motivational techniques, and crisis management.
- The ability to effectively listen and establish rapport with consumers and families, and compassionately understand/respect differences.
- Ability to maintain appropriate treatment boundaries with consumers and their families.
- Ability to deal with issues requiring flexibility and judgment to resolve customer or program situations; and to prioritize job assignments.
Performance Standards Orient consumers and families to program:
- Follows orientation protoco.
- Completes admission checklist/paperwork.
- Responds to consumer's requests/needs promptly.
- Observes consumers self-administration of scheduled and PRN medications using 2 identifiers, documents per program protocol.
- Follows program protocol for counting PRN meds with co-worker at every shift change.
- Ability to collect BAL and urine screens as needed.
ENSURES CLIENTS RECEIVE COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES.
- Works with the treatment team to provide complete services to clients.
- Accurately documents activities according to the policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable of and capable of providing emergency assistance in regard to inappropriate acting out behavior by any client.
- Always attempts to utilize verbal redirection, interaction of other staff, utilization of quiet room, etc. before instituting emergency measures.
- Is knowledgeable and capable of working with clients who present a dual diagnosis.
- Is knowledgeable of and appropriately institutes the daily program format on the adult. Guides activities on the daily schedule to provide optimum treatment while instilling a sense of positive empowerment to clients.
- Provides that all client contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each client. Client care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner.
- Ability to maintain a safe living environment for clients.
- Understanding of program requirements for your unit
PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO CLIENTS FOR OFF CAMPUS ACTIVITIES.
- Is knowledgeable of policy and procedures.
- Provides transportation, as needed.
MAINTAINS EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK STYLE WITH CO-WORKERS AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS
- Gives accurate, objective data during report to oncoming shift.
- Actively maintains open communication and demonstrates a cooperative, teamwork style with clients, significant others, other IIAR staff members, other healthcare works, medical staff and community.
- Maintains computer proficiency so that order communications will be done in a correct manner.
- Stays abreast of Health IT updates and changes regarding order/care planning.
- Is responsible for making sure information regarding all shift tasks is part of each team member awareness.
- Is responsible to his/her supervisor to report any areas of care that are not completed or were unable to be re-scheduled and gives direction to other team members to do the same.
- Demonstrates courteous, respectful and caring behavior toward consumers, visitors, staff and outside contacts.
- Interactions promote trust with both consumers and other staff; respects confidentiality; avoids gossip or other disrespectful behavior.