RN- Pain Clinic
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide high quality professional nursing are as a member of the healthcare team to the patient population served by the office.
Associate's Degree in in Nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License. Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months.
1-3 years of experience in hospital or clinical setting.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health facilities/hospitals.
- Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Basic reading skillsBasic writing skillsBasic oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Intermediate computer knowledge: Ability to troubleshoot minor problems within a Windows OS, operates within a network environment, uses spreadsheet, database, word processing and internet applications proficiently. Learns new applications without difficulty and is able to aid others in immediate work area with computer questions.
- Implements departmental nursing procedures and demonstrates nursing knowledge and skills by providing high quality comprehensive patient care in an ambulatory setting, appropriate to the age and needs of the patient served by the office.* Coordinates and prioritizes patient care activities and flow of patient data.* Utilizes effective communication with office staff, providers, patients and their family members, as well as other external customers to ensure continuity of patient care* Maintains working knowledge of established policies and procedures within the organization as well as office specific policies and procedures* Works independently, effectively, and efficiently within established guidelines* Conducts appropriate assessments, observations and collections of data as well as evaluates, records and reports symptoms and patients' progress* Assists and or performs prescribed procedures in compliance with provider's orders* Conducts, performs, and labels appropriate laboratory tests* Completes job responsibilities in a professional, timely manner* Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and its use.
- Coordinates patient care activities and the flow of patient information by effective communication with other office staff, providers, patients, families and a variety of healthcare agencies and appropriate documentation to ensure continuity of care* Demonstrates critical thinking in prioritizing patient care.* Possesses ability to communicate effectively with providers, staff and patients to assist in identifying and solving problems* Assists with orientation of new staff.* Conducts appropriate and timely documentation of patients' concerns, problems and/or symptoms in medical record* Assists or performs prescribed treatments/procedures ordered by the provider to help with patient's plan of care* Competent to perform all phases of procedural care* Assists in education and support of residents and students* Scheduled and pre-authorizes procedures
- Provides patient education through application of teaching-learning principles appropriate to the age and needs of the patient population served by the office.* Utilizes appropriate resources to instruct patient and family* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills of age appropriate care* Assures information and data is indicative of the patient's learning capabilities.* Interprets information relative to the age-specific needs of the patients
- Ensures maintenance of therapeutic and teaching environment that promotes effective and cost efficient patient care.* Assists in education and support of resident providers/fellows.* Promotes a professional and congenial work environment* Conducts effective, efficient and timely telephone triage calls* Maintains a clean and safe therapeutic work environment by applying policies and principles related to care of environment, safety and infection control.* Assists in quality improvement* Participates in educational opportunities and meetings to enhance job skills and increase knowledge* Assumes leadership role by acting as a clinical resource person within the office setting.