Secretary - EH Timeshare Clinic
Eureka, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Performs varied secretarial and clerical duties and minor administrative work using independent judgment and action withinestablished guidelines. Performs indirect patient care activities such as processing orders, chart management and orderingsupplies.
One year prior work experience, preferably in a hospital1-2 years secretarial experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Computer keyboarding skills preferred.Excellent communication skills. Professional interpersonal skills
- Orders tests/procedures; transcribes orders and inputs information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone; directs incoming calls and takes messages that are accurate and complete. Answers call lights and locates appropriate staff to respond.
- Performs other secretarial duties such as typing, filing and copying as requested.
- Enters patient charges for supplies and procedures according to policy.
- Makes recommendations to the department leader regarding utilization of supplies and equipment. Requisitions unit supplies as needed.
- Create and set up filing systems for the department/unit.
- Communicates in a positive manner with patients, physicians, families and all associates in the hospital, supporting the hospital mission, values and philosophy.
- Gives clear, concise, complete information to all contacts.
- Reports identified needs of the patient or family to the nurse.
- Promptly reports any situations that call for the attention of the registered nurse or department leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts constructively when dealing with internal or external contacts.
- Assists in monitoring patient location within the hospital.
- Replaces missing, malfunctioning or nonfunctioning equipment when identified and notifies department leadership.
- Participates in ongoing education and development
- Participates in unit meetings, inservice programs and educational programs.