Recovery Support Specialist-Mental Health
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Trillum Place, a subsidiary of Carle Health, has an opportunity for a Recovery Support Specialist to work with individuals offering advocacy, education, recovery and wellness support in our Pekin, IL, location. This is an opportunity to develop relationships, ensure the patient receives support and motivation to engage in and adhere to ongoing treatment for recovery success.
- CPRS Certification Once Eligible
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Driver's License upon hire and Proof of Auto Insurance upon hire (MVR run annually)
- Narcan training in the first month.
- Lived experience in Recovery
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood altering chemicals and behaviors.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, family dynamic, and administration of naloxone products.
- Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products.
- Required English Skills
- Advanced reading and writing skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm handoff.
- Is knowledgeable and capable of working with patients who present in crisis and therapeutic intervention. Identifying patient need for services and use identified evidence-based approach.
- Assist in creation of recovery planning
- Provides that all patient contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each patient.
- Patient care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner.
- Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services
- Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning.
- Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime - helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations.