Clinical Care Attendant/CMA -PRN- Morton Clinic
Morton, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for assisting the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant (collectively "Provider") with front office and back office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a rotating basis.
Additionally, the Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for a variety of clerical and clinical functions requiring knowledge and integration of available standards, resources, and data.
Acting as the patient advocate, the Clinical Care Attendant has continuous contact with Providers, patients, patient families/ significant others, community agencies, and patient care staff and management.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification for Certified Medical Assistant from AAMA, NCCT, AMT or NHA or EMT certification upon hire
- Driver's License when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire
- 3-5 years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant will be considered as an alternative minimum requirement if a graduate from a non-accredited program
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of Urgent Care medical specialty.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of health system EMR.
- Requires clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to plan and evaluate patient care.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Perform and/or assist clinical procedures consistent with training and licensure under supervision of Provider in exam suite.
- Greet and welcome patients immediately upon arrival to the clinic.
- Escort back to exam suite and check out when exam completed.
- Complete patient registration and associated paperwork or assist in on-line registration as needed, based on patient need, ability and desire.
- Follow symptom initiated protocols in place for clinic operation. Perform labs as ordered/instructed either by protocols or provider direction.
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and sterilize as required.
- Maintain Carle Health and department policies, procedures and objectives; performs functions other than described due to extenuating circumstances.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.