Rad Tech 3 - CMH Radiology
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To perform routine and specialized diagnostic radiological procedures for patients of all ages in order to confirm or deny required treatment. This requires independent judgment to adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic results under the direction of a Radiologist.
Associate's Degree in Radiologic Technology or Certificate in Radiologic Technology
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Radiography (R)(ARRT) upon hire and IEMA Radiography License Illinois upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
1-3 years of experience in/with problem-solving skills, the ability to set priorities, organize work and have excellent interpersonal skills. Flexibility and the ability to work well with other is required
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other facilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic reading, writing, oral English skillsAccountabilityMulticultural sensitivityCustomer/patient focusedBasic computer knowledgeCritical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisionsAbility to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- Clinical ExcellencePerforms radiologic diagnostic procedures in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination within the guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of medical imaging* Exhibits competency and is the resource person to staff when performing radiographic procedures* Knowledgeable about views required for each exam enhancing image quality through the use of appropriate filters, collimation, markers and patient identification* Maintains quality care throughout the procedure, making patient as comfortable as possible, practicing radiation protection through shielding and collimation whenever possible* Proper care of the patient is efficient and expedient* Maintains expert working knowledge of equipment and resource person for troubleshooting* Maintains clean work area, checks and stocks all supplies in their specific area and verifies pertinent accessories to that room* Performs lab testing as appropriate
- Departmental SupportPerforms support functions of the medical imaging department to ensure patient expectations and needs are met.* Promptly and accurately processes and prepares images and paper work to ensure timely turn around in providing a report* Maintains and coordinates patient flow to ensure efficient and expedient patient care assisting in patient transport to and from the department as required* Promptly and accurately enters patient information into HIS system and accurately completes all fields in the HIS Radiant and PACS * Maintains and ensures a safe environment for patients and personnel and maintenance of the QA, QC, QI programs
- Employee Development/Clinical ExcellenceAssumes personal responsibility for training fellow technologists/students and uses time, supplies and other resources productively. Displays leadership skills in their daily process.* Share knowledge, guides, and encourages participation from fellow technologists/students with proper department protocol and procedures* Displays a professional attitude in the area toward fellow technologists/students, fostering mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment* Completes work within assigned shift using slow time to improve area appearance and accept additional assignments such as cassette cleaning, apron testing and film file duties* Provides input on the evaluation of staff* Participates in the Quality Improvement process* Leads in development of teamwork of staff to ensure efficient and appropriate patient care* Networks with other professionals regionally* Demonstrates ability to multitask to assist with workflow* Develops new processes utilizing creative ideas for a dynamic environment* Assists in achieving competencies* Maintains a current knowledge by keeping abreast of trends in new processes and procedures* Follows up on concerns/problems as needed* Display a professional attitude in order to foster mutual respect and creating a productive learning environment