Registered Nurse Charge - Adult Psych
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Charge Nurse is a staff leader whose goal is to provide direct supervision to the health care team on their assigned shift while directing patient throughput, managing quality initiatives and additional task to unit-specific operations.
Graduate of an Accredited Nursing program. Individuals hired after August 1, 2013 must obtain a Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) within (5) years of start date.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. CPI certification within 90 days from date of hire.
3-5 years of experience in/with Behavioral Health nursing required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Advanced reading, writing and oral skills. Ability to respond appropriately to customer/coworker. Interaction with a wide variety of people. Maintain confidential information. Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information. Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor. Ability to utilize PC including, basic elements of Windows environment, keyboarding, work with mouse, and perform basic computer tasks with instruction. Documentation of proficiency in all current core and unit-specific competency items for nursing staff Demonstrates an interest in teaching, displays effective communication, role models the Carle Experience and promotes a healthy work environment.
- Works in direct patient care role as staff RN as directed by manager
- Work directly with the unit manager in the areas of strategic planning, personnel management and unit operation
- Assesses unit staffing needs and investigates available resources
- Works as a change agent providing feedback and support to the change project
- Effectively directs staff in an emergency situation
- Assumes a leadership position while functioning as charge nurse
- Makes unit decisions in collaboration with leadership
- Monitors worklists
- Arranges schedules and orders for patients to be treated outside normal working hours
- Participates in daily huddle
- Determines daily acuity levels and maintains accurate acuity measure as adds/cancels happen.
- Maintain staff schedules to ensure coverage for all patient treatments on a daily basis.
- Covers daily operational issues in the absence of the RN Manager or RN Supervisor.
- Evaluates the schedule to determine how to handle adds.
- Ensures workload evenly distributed among staff.