Licensed Practical Nurse - Adult Psych
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Carle Health is currently looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) within our Adult Behavioral Health Unit. This is an in-patient unit at Carle Methodist Hospital, where nurses work to improve and/or support the mental and physical well-being of people with mental health or behavioral conditions. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of empathy as this role may also support the people close to a person with these conditions.
- Technical school in the field of licensed practical nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE and ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire/start date.
- Must possess and maintain Crisis Prevention (CPI) certification within 3 months of hire/start date.
- Experience with EPIC is preferred.
- May be required to travel to other Carle Health facilities/hospitals and drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
- Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new software applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOCUS
- Assesses patient's status through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team. Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift
- Completes required documentation as appropriate, including patient chart and event reports. Provide and report out goal focused reports on patients with healthcare teams, as appropriate.
- Shares clinical knowledge through normal teaching and in response to the learning needs of others; precepts as needed for student education
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE FOCUS
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary care of the patient through collaboration with team members; Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to obtain resources or correct problems to meet or exceed expected outcomes or patient needs
- Recognizes need for assistance and utilizes resources, including physician and nurse to nurse (UAT) consultation in a timely manner
- Consistently prioritizes work based on changes in patient condition, changes in assignment and unanticipated interruptions
- Collaborates with the health care team in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to discharge according to the plan of care and to meet identified expected outcomes
PATIENT EDUCATION FOCUS
- Adapts teaching strategies based on patient's response, readiness to learn and level of comprehension, taking cultural, age-specific, gender, and developmental factors into consideration when teaching patients about procedures, illness, hospital experience, etc.
- Ensures patient safety in the hospital environment by following policy/procedures and adhering to National Patient Safety Goals