LPN- Adolescent Psych 8 West
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Carle Health is currently looking for a LPN within our Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit. As a valued member of the Nursing team, responsibilities would include care and support for children and teenage patients with emotional and behavioral challenges that affect their overall well-being. This is an in-patient unit at Carle Methodist Hospital.
College Diploma in Graduate of an accredited technical school in the field of licensed practical nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois. upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI Training) If hired after August 1, 2019 within 3 months.
Experience specific to patient population
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser. Multicultural sensitivity.Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
Under the supervision of an RN, assesses patient's status through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes
- Assists the RN in the development of an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes
- Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift
- Modifies plan of care based on evaluation
- Completes required documentation as appropriate, including patient chart and event reports
- Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as evidenced through seeking resources and continuing self-development
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshoots when problems arise
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in evidence-based nursing practice
- Promotes the professional development of self and team members