Program Technician - Medical Detox Unit
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Program Tech works the treatment team to ensure complete coordination of the client's treatment from admission through discharge. Monitors the day to day client activities in a residential setting. Position exists to provide clinical support to team and external/internal customers and to help ensure the security of consumers and physical plant.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skills Advanced writing skills Advanced oral skills Communication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker Interaction with a wide variety of people Maintain confidential information Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor Computer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- PROVIDES CLINICALLY SUPPORTIVE SERVICES AS REQUIRED BY PROGRAM* Understand the symptoms and behaviors associated with substance use and mental illness.* Ability to recognize of the warning signs for suicide.* Knowledge of opiate overdose signs and symptoms.* Demonstrates Active Listening, motivational techniques, and crisis management.* The ability to effectively listen and establish rapport with consumers and families, and compassionately understand/respect differences.* Ability to maintain appropriate treatment boundaries with consumers and their families.* Ability to deal with issues requiring flexibility and judgment to resolve customer or program situations; and to prioritize job assignments.* Performance Standards Orient consumers and families to program: * Follows orientation protocol * Completes admission checklist/paperwork * Responds to consumer's requests/needs promptly. * Observes consumers self-administration of scheduled and PRN medications using 2 identifiers, documents per program protocol. * Follows program protocol for counting PRN meds with co-worker at every shift change. * Ability to collect BAL and urine screens as needed.
- ENSURES CLIENTS RECEIVE COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES. * Works with the treatment team to provide complete services to clients. * Accurately documents activities according to the policies and procedures.* Is knowledgeable of and capable of providing emergency assistance in regard to inappropriate acting out behavior by any client. Always attempts to utilize verbal redirection, interaction of other staff, utilization of quiet room, etc. before instituting emergency measures.* Is knowledgeable and capable of working with clients who present a dual diagnosis.* Is knowledgeable of and appropriately institutes the daily program format on the adult. Guides activities on the daily schedule to provide optimum treatment while instilling a sense of positive empowerment to clients.* Provides that all client contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each client. Client care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner.* Ability to maintain a safe living environment for clients.* Understanding of program requirements for your unit
- PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION SERVICES TO CLIENTS FOR OFF CAMPUS ACTIVITIES.* Is knowledgeable of policy and procedures.* Provides transportation, as needed.
- MAINTAINS EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK STYLE WITH CO-WORKERS AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS * Gives accurate, objective data during report to oncoming shift.* Actively maintains open communication and demonstrates a cooperative, teamwork style with clients, significant others, other IIAR staff members, other healthcare works, medical staff and community.* Maintains computer proficiency so that order communications will be done in a correct manner. Stays abreast of Health IT updates and changes regarding order/care planning.* Is responsible for making sure information regarding all shift tasks is part of each team member awareness. Is responsible to his/her supervisor to report any areas of care that are not completed or were unable to be re-scheduled and gives direction to other team members to do the same.* Demonstrates courteous, respectful and caring behavior toward consumers, visitors, staff and outside contacts.* Interactions promote trust with both consumers and other staff; respects confidentiality; avoids gossip or other disrespectful behavior.