Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting the classroom Lead Teacher in the comprehensive planning, supervision, and management of a class of eight to forty children between the ages of six weeks and 12 years. The incumbent will provide safe, secure care and nurture and education of enrolled child care children
H.S. Diploma/GED in equivalent and
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
ANSI Food Protection Manager Certification upon hire.
- Computer Skills
Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Fingerprinting and clearance by DCFS agencies.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Shall be at least 19 years of age.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health facilities/hospitals
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skillsAdvanced writing skillsAdvanced oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
- ASSISTANT TEACHER SUPPORTS THE CLASSROOM TEACHING PROFESSIONAL IN THE PROVISION OF QUALITY PROGRAM ACTIVITIES THAT PROVIDE AGE-APPROPRIATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHILDREN TO GROW AND DEVELOP, AND SUBSTITUTES FOR THE LEAD TEACHER AS ASSIGNED.* Actively assists with enrollment or transfer of children into the homeroom producing positive results for children, families and co-workers.* Communicates verbally and with written information all pertinent data needed to provide safe, secure nurture and education.* Supports the Lead Teacher in development of age-appropriate daily activities and programs.* Generates and continues quality care and education during the absence of homeroom Lead Teacher.* Reads professional literature, attends workshops and classes and gains experience to expand skills and techniques for professional growth.* Attends educational offerings to validate skills and maintain current knowledge of skills and techniques for professional education* Actively guides and participates in all areas of care and education.* Provides curriculum and related activities offering age-appropriate growth opportunities for enrolled children.* Offers daily opportunities for gross motor coordination and developmental play, fine motor coordination developmental play, music appreciation and interaction, verbal expression, use of literature, dramatic play and use of creative art materials.* Assists with activities that bring outside resources to the center.* Assists with field trips, planning and actual participation.* Actively assists with daily notes, logging of activities in daily parent communication app, parent board information, progress reports and newsletters.* Participates regularly in center-wide activities. Participation will be active and promote the family opportunities to grow and nurture the child.* Provides at least one staff in-service to share techniques and skills with co-workers.* Institutes plans for activities and play that meet age- appropriate criteria.
- ASSISTANT TEACHER GUIDES AND NURTURES THE CHILDREN LEADING TO PROVISION OF CONSISTENT, SAFE CARE IN ACCORDANCE WITH DCFS, MMCI AND CENTER POLICIES.* Develops an appropriate bond with children and their families to provide consistent care.* Maintains a nominal absentee/tardy rate so children and families can comfortably establish an interactive relationship that supports consistent care.* Develops an approachable style of greeting and interacting with children, families and co-workers.* Attends all available staff meetings to receive information concerning safety policies and infection control policies.* Diligent in following Center policies regarding delivery and pick up of each child.* Actively seeks out appropriate techniques for providing safe, secure care. This is demonstrated by low incidents of injuries to children and co-workers in assigned area.* Respects center policies by keeping enrolled children outside of restricted areas such as the Center kitchen, staff lounge, staff storage room and Commons storage room.* Assists the homeroom Lead Teacher to establish an atmosphere of safe play and infection control.* Assists teacher in reviewing toys and equipment for breaks or damage.* Assists teacher in regular disinfection of toys.* Assists teacher in meeting the infection control challenges to each child's health.* Follows infection control guidelines for handwashing, food service, diapering/toileting of children and all other good health protocol.* Physically alert, responsive and interactive for all outdoor play.* Surveys the outdoor play area for troubleshooting of any dangerous situations.* Physically moves regularly to areas where children are playing.* Establishes playground rules promoting safe play that can be creative, imaginative and energetic as well as quiet and focused, depending on the desires of the child.* Works as a team member by returning playground equipment to storage areas before leaving, alerting the office to items broken or in nee