Cook Production Salad- CMH
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
The Cook Production Salad staff are responsible for portioning all salads and desserts for regular and therapeutic diets following production sheets for amount needed. They prepare needed salads and assembly food items for various specialty units.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certification IDPH/ANSI Food Handlers Certification within 30 days.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Peoria region facilities/hospitals.
- Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
Assists in the cleaning operation within the salad area on a timely basis:
- Portions salads and desserts for patient service.
- Uses production tally sheets for amounts needed to make salads, desserts, chef salads, sandwiches and fresh fruit plates.
- Prepares jello: plain and fruited.
- Prepares custards and puddings: regular and diet.
- Prepares late night sandwiches for patients that are admitted after 8:30 p.m.
- Prepares food for catered events, such as Doctor's Lounge, daily special function sheet, Day Care.
- Consistently follows regular and therapeutic diets menus.
- Prepares needed salads as required for service line.
- Assembles food items using nourishment tally sheets for evening tray line service.
- Assembles food items for various specialty units.
- Produces needed food items from storage areas.
- Schedules to work lunch and dinner tray line service.
- Maintains the proper use of utensils, using proper portion sizes of all food items for cottage cheese, canned fruits, and salads.
- Assumes Responsibility for properly making food using safe and sanitation principles. Knows the proper storage of cold food items. Wraps and dates food items using labels. Uses the proper food handling procedures, washing hands, and wearing gloves.
- Monitors food usage to eliminate the possibility of food waste.
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Prepares and serves all items with "eye" appeal.
- Wears hair restraints at all times in food service area.
- Wears gloves properly when handling food at all times.
- Uses proper sanitation principles for cleaning equipment and supplies, tables, and scales.
- Responsible for the appearance and texture of food for quality.
- Uses the general rule of storage principles First In First Out (FIFO).
- Is careful to produce accurate amounts of food items such as salads, jello, custards, and sandwiches (does not "over produce").
- Realizes that specific time schedules must be met and that work load vary depending on the patient census.
- Receives and inspects all food items that are stored in salad area, canned goods, fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Places food items in coolers to avoid contamination.
- Receives and inspects all produce and meat used for color, texture and appearance.
- Monitors proper usage of food items going to cafeteria and trayline.
- Sanitizes all equipment used: meat slicers, tomato slicer, food processors, cutting boards.
- Cleans tableware, equipment used, food carts, knives and spoons.
- Uses proper hand washing and observes good hygienic practices.
- Serves nutritious salads, desserts, fruits and vegetables.
- Determines appropriate appearance of food items.
- Uses correct portion sizes for food: #8 scoops and #13 scoops.
- Monitors temperature of coolers at 40 degrees.