Guest Relations Attendant- CMH Parking Facility
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Guest Relations Team Members staff are responsible for serving as the first impression to patients, families and other visitors upon arrival to Carle Health-Methodist, Guest Relations coverage locations are limited to the main hospital campus and include but are not limited to the Main Hospital Entrance, Atrium Bldg. and ED.
Valets must possess a current Class D (State of Illinois) driver license and have the skill and ability to drive any motor vehicle of that class, including both automatic and manual transmissions. Guest Relations will be required to provide minimal physical assistance to patients, including transporting as needed using wheelchairs. The Guest Relations' scope of service includes greeting all customers in a welcoming and professional manner at various entrance points, safely parking and returning all customer vehicles, retaining and managing keys and consistently and accurately documenting activities.
Guest Relations may be required to drive departmental courtesy vans which provide service to patients between home address and the medical center. Light housekeeping duties may be assigned.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License in the State of Illinois upon hire.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Peoria region facilities/hospitals.
- Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Basic reading skillsBasic writing skillsBasic oral skillsOther: Excellent Interpersonal Skills.Communication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Displays professionalism in fulfilling job responsibilities.* Maintains an impeccable and professional appearance at all times* Graciously greets and welcomes every patient, visitor and employee. Uses scripts where necessary* Exhibits a friendly, outgoing, energetic demeanor. A can-do attitude.* Displays an appropriate sense of urgency in response to visitor requests and / or complaints.* Provides assistance as visitors exit their vehicle and provides assistance with wheel chair if needed.* Monitors posted positions appearance, performs simple cleaning duties and reports extreme conditions to Environmental Services.* Monitors activities at and nearby assigned posts.* Maintains professional manner in diving van / vehicles* Adheres to all rules of the road* Maintains clean driving record
- Completes tasks accurately and thoroughly and in a timely manner.* Shows self-initiative in performing all tasks and duties.* Follows up and carries through on all work assignments.* Develops and implements ways to enhance service to guests and staff.* Uses time productively and efficiently.* Performs assigned tasks accurately.* Prepares and follows daily time schedule.* Thoroughness and accuracy of client pick-up and arrival times.* Has an understanding, maintains awareness of and enforces all policies related to positions such as Smoking and Parking Policies.* Displays an appropriate sense of urgency to all guest requests and / or concerns.
- Accepts the role of providing personal service tasks.* Understands and accepts the role of providing service tasks.* Provides assistance as guest exit their vehicle and assists with wheel chair if needed* Responds in a timely manner to those who need assistance.* Remains calm, thinks clearly and maintains control under pressure and in stressful situations.* Offers assistance to all that enter or leave.* Provides alert, helpful, efficient responses to phone callers.* Provides direct service or helps make other arrangements.* Provides safe, quality transportation while providing safe during practices.* Completes yearly competency of special patient handling equipment
- Demonstrates effective interaction communication with people.* Demonstrates excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills* Uses proper radio/phone communication techniques.* Greets patient/visitors/clients of the Medical Center determining their needs for assistance, directions, and escorts.* Assists people into and out of their automobiles/MMCI transport vehicle and transports all luggage.* Attends department meetings and training sessions.* Coordinates with the volunteer escorts to assure a quick and efficient transport of patients/visitors to their destination.* Maintains readiness for visitors/surveyors from state and national organizations who may arrive at Methodist at 'anytime unannounced.' Calls Support Services Director, EVS Manager or Security to notify them of their arrival and a request for escort to our Executive Office.* Maintains knowledge of Medical Center locations for efficient directions and assistance when