Program Secretary - Crisis Response
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To facilitate the activities of the unit/facility through the effective performance of receptionist, transcriptionist, and clerical processes. Acts as the front door to the unit/facility, managing information, and connecting physicians, staff, patients, and visitors with appropriate resources. May also fill some duties of a Program Technician.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License Valid drivers license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. upon hire.
1 years of experience in/with a secretary or any clerical position familiar with medical terminology. And required to complete a unit secretary course.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood-altering chemicals and behaviors.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Basic reading, writing and oral skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker. Interaction with a wide variety of people. Maintain confidential information. Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information. Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor. Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new application. Basic Microsoft Word understanding
- Acts as the front door and receptionist for the unit/facility, promoting positive relationships * Greets visitors, physicians, patients, and staff promptly in a courteous, friendly, and receptive manner * Ensures that safety and privacy of patients and staff are top priority by monitoring closed circuit television cameras and allowing only appropriate individuals access into the unit/facility* Demonstrates thorough knowledge of HIPAA through actions such as asking visitors to sign-in, checking patient releases, etc. * Displays warmth, concern and respect for those seeking assistance * Answers telephone timely, professionally, identifying unit, name, and title * Establishes positive working relationships with other hospital departments and personnel * Knowledgeable and respectful of the roles other ancillary department personnel have in delivering patient care * Communication with others is professional and respectful * Alerts staff to walk-in assessments in a discreet and expedient manner* Keeps reception area organized and neat * Prioritizes and accurately channels incoming and outgoing information
- Utilizes Technology accurately and efficiently* Skillfully and professionally answers incoming calls, transferring, coordinating and conferencing callers accordingly* Uses overhead paging system for emergent and non-emergent situations adhering to unit/facility policies Enters and scans patient documents into EMR system Prepares and enters survey and other assorted data into various spreadsheets for daily and monthly reports Understands and is knowledgeable of computer downtime procedures Enters, modifies, and corrects patient changes as appropriate Prints/copies materials for office staff as requested Proficiently operates and is able to trouble-shoot fax machine and printer
- Performs activities efficiently and accurately to facilitate quality patient care and to ensure a safe and efficiently operating unit* Accurately utilizes supply ordering, seeking to promote efficient and cost-effective measures wherever possible* Responds appropriately to unit emergencies and alerts* File/scans reports from printer/fax * Maintains flexibility and is able to adapt to rapidly changing environment and work volume* Attends and participates in daily safety huddles* Attends and participates in unit committees, staff meetings * Submits work orders for repairs or cleaning of unit/facility as needed * Adheres to Infection Prevention & Safety policies* Performs extra duties as requested