Food Service Aide- CPRH Food Service
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Assists in the preparation and distribution of food service to patients, employees and visitors.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certification IDPH within 30 days.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health Peoria region facilities/hospitals.
- Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Basic reading skillsBasic writing skillsBasic oral skillsCommunication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of peopleMaintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal informationAbility to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanorComputer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.Experience with a computer program/software for food serviceE-mail client
- The Food Service Aide will work 50 % of the workday on the tray line.* Works rotating stations through the department and other duties as assigned by the Food Service Lead* Prepares and fills patient requests per position and station on tray line* Prepares and serves all items with "eye" appeal* Uses production tally sheets, to grant patient requests* Reads the different menus provided to patients* Maintains proper use of gloves and wears them at all times when handling food products* Maintains proper use of using utensils and portion sizes (#8 scoops, #12 scoops and ladles, and serving spoons).* Places the food or beverage selected on the patient's tray.
- Completes job responsibilities in dish room.* Soaks coffee cups and iced teacups as needed and directed* Unloads patient food carts in a timely manner* Places all garbage in the disposal from patient trays* Assures that dishes are stacked and placed in dishwasher* Cleans and dries plates, glasses, and silverware - and retrieves them from the washer* Returns all plates, glasses, and other utensils to the serving area for use at subsequent meals* Washes pots and pans used in preparation of food at a separate station from the dishwasher* Cleans shelves and other areas with sanitation solution* De-limes the dishwasher according to schedule* Cleans the kitchen using a cleaning checklist
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player.* Wears name badge and follows dress code* Works cooperatively with peers, food service leads, food service management, and other hospital team members* Maintains a positive working relationship which centers on customer-based needs and continuous quality improvement* Follow direction from food service leads and management* Accepts responsibility for work area and duties* Conducts self in a professional manner* Delivers safe and sanitary food to patients, cafeteria, and special catered events* Maintains proper use of wearing gloves when handling food at all times* Wears hair restraints at all times in the food service area