Eureka, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
$3,500.00 Sign on bonus - External only
The Carle Eureka Operating Room (CEH OR) is committed to our Nursing Professional Practice Model; we believe in caring relationships with our patients, families, community and colleagues to provide exceptional care. In the CEH OR, our dedicated nursing staff, nurse leaders, interdisciplinary team members and physician partners practice within our two state of the art operating rooms. Our highly trained staff are able to provide specialize surgical and nursing care while utilizing the most current technology and equipment. Surgical procedures performed in the CEH OR include but are not limited to general surgical, urologic, podiatric, orthopedic, plastics and pain. The CEH OR environment is exciting, and always evolving. The Surgical Technician functions as an integral part of the perioperative team as the first, second or assisting Surgical Technician under the supervision of the Registered Nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during the intraoperative period.
Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology or Certificate in Surgical Technology
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Two (2) years as Surgical Technologist
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrates advance knowledge and proficient practice in the first scrub role in a majority of surgical procedures including complex cases. Applies knowledge of advanced surgical techniques and knowledge related to surgical procedures and emergency situations. Demonstrates critical thinking skills and anticipates the perioperative needs of the patient and surgeon. Exhibits a high level of collaboration with peers in making decisions related to surgical patient care. Understands, values, and promotes perioperative teamwork.
- Applies the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to maintain a sterile environment. Demonstrates competency in select technical and psychomotor skills, judgment and appropriate knowledge base. Provides age specific care to obstetrical patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the department.
- Assists in organization and coordination of supplies and equipment to maintain an efficient and cost effective department.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, co-workers and self. Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to safety and legal requirements established at the hospital and unit level and established policies and procedures.
- Charges for equipment and supplies.
- Participates in room turnover and set-up.
- Maintains and cleans equipment and identifies items needing repair per policy.
- Effectively performs sterilization, disinfection and document loads per policy.
- Attends precepting class and participates in orientation and training of other surgical team members.
- Assists nurses in performing circulating skills and tasks.
- Participates in unit education though educational presentations (power point, posters, lectures, etc.)
- Scrubbing duties to include classes for Medical Students, Residents, and other students
- Turns OR rooms over and sets up for next patient in an efficient manner
- Clinical Skills are Proficient in minimum of 7 specialties per Level II requirements