Recovery Support Specialist - Crisis Resp Pekin
Pekin, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Provide experience, education and professional services to assist and support individuals in developing and/or maintaining recovery-oriented, wellness-focused lifestyles.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Driver's License upon hire and Proof of Auto Insurance upon hire and
Lived experience in Recovery
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Must have control over personal use of all mood altering chemicals and behaviors.
- If recovering from an addiction, must currently have a minimum of 2 years of uninterrupted recovery.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills Advanced reading skills Advanced writing skills Advanced oral skills Communication Skills Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker Interaction with a wide variety of people Maintain confidential information Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor Computer Skills Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications
- Ensures Patients receive comprehensive services: Identification of patient into services, assessment, discharge planning, and other aspects of warm hand off. Ability to provide advocacy, education, recovery and wellness support. Is knowledgeable and capable of working with patients who present in crisis and therapeutic intervention Identifying patient need for services and use identified evidence-based approach. Is able to engage patients within the living room process. Ability to establish a collaborative relationship with the patient, provide practical and personalized support for entering and adhering to discharge planning Assist in creation of recovery planning Facilitate discharge planning Ensuring that patient receives support and motivation to engage in and adhere to ongoing treatment. Provides that all patient contact and interaction is based upon inherent dignity, individuality, culture and beliefs of each patient. Patient care is provided in a compassionate, humane, and non-enabling manner. Participates in interdisciplinary clinical staffing or ensures pertinent information is provided to team Demonstrates Motivational Interviewing skills when working with patients.
- Provide continuum of care/follow up care to patients. Be available after discharge to deliver recovery support, as needed. Ability to bridge care with insurance correlated community services Provide follow up instructions, appointments, and coordination for discharge planning. Provide detailed communication to receptive discharge providers to ensure warm hand off in the care coordination process. Ability to identify barriers to transportation and assist with getting patient transportation to appointments Provide ongoing recovery support service to ensure patient arrives and is engaged by intake staff, and ensure that patient remains engaged in treatment overtime - helping the patient navigate stages of change and practical considerations. Work with insurance provided transportation programs to ensure transportation
- Provide education/information to patients, families, and other invested parties. Is knowledgeable in understanding of addiction, signs of overdose, family dynamic, and administration of naloxone products. Ability to educate patient and family in opiate use and administration of naloxone products. Ability to provide consultation with patient, family, insurance provider, and treatment providers to confirm recommended course of treatment is covered and/or affordable.
- Assist in facilitation of services, based on quality initiatives and documentation in EMR. Ensures accurate documentation Collaborates with Care Team to ensure documentation is present to supports warm hand off. Documents all Discharge Planning components accurately in EMRAssist with documentation in EMR to support quality initiatives Assist with audits for medical necessity documents as requested