CMA- CMPG Fam Med Washington
Washington, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures. Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status. Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding. Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
H.S. Diploma/GED in required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification for Certified Medical Assistant from AAMA, NCCT, AMT or NHA. upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Driver's License when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons upon hire.
3-5 years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant will be considered as an alternative minimum requirement if a graduate from a non-accredited program. AndComputer data entry experience
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Obtain patients review of systems and history, measure vital signs, including but not limited to weigh, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and complete all necessary documentation in patient's chart and consistent with clinical protocol.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out basic rooming functions to include vital signs and completion of screening questions at time of visit.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Carry out clinical orders given by provider as appropriate deemed by scope of competency including but not limited to administering medications and vaccinations orally or by injection.
- Responsible for managing the tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients to support their health.
- Responsible for assisting in managing results and follow-up as determined by provider.
- Complete tasks within scope of certificate, licensure and competency as delegated by provider to support patient care.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient's electronic medical record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Development and Patient Education
- Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members as directed by provider.
- Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization's intranet site
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.