RN Wound Ostomy- CMPG Wound Care Center
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide expertise in the management of wound, ostomy, or skin care in the Wound Center. Additionally, provides consultation to acute care patient care units
Associate's Degree in in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License upon hire and Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
1-3 years of experience in/with medical/surgical clinical setting And Basic knowledge of wound, ostomy, and skin care management AndDemonstrated clinical expertise and ability to function without direct supervision
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle facilities/hospitals.
- requireduired to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required English Skills
Advanced reading skills
Advanced writing skills
Advanced oral skills
Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-workerInteraction with a wide variety of people
Maintain confidential informationAbility to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demeanor
Basic computer knowledge: Uses word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail application, and web browser. Comfortable within a Windows OS and learning new applications.
- Actively manages patient care correlating initial assessment, treatment course, and other services.
- Communicates patient care effectively.
- Calls physicians/offices to clarify physician orders.
- Assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's educational requirements based on their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed.
- Ensures wound/ostomy/skin plan of care is understood by those in the continuum of care also providing patient services, i.e. Home Health, DME Company, and agencies in the continuum of patient care.
- Documents patient's response to interventions.
- Performs a thorough and accurate patient assessment to evaluate the patient's status, level of knowledge, determine readiness for education, plan and implement appropriate teaching strategies and assess the patient's response.
- Considers special patient needs when delivering nursing care.
- Evaluates patient/family cultural needs to promote comfort and compliance to prescribed regimens.
- Evaluates patient/family cognitive skills and adjusts education accordingly.
- Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
- Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider's orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
- Provides effective and quality wound care education and documentation to ensure optimal level of care.
- Maintains knowledge of skin care, wound, and ostomy trends, standards, and education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of required nursing care for individual procedures/treatments.
- Provides accurate patient education and discharge instructions.
- Facilitates product evaluation for ostomy and wound/skin care products.
- Works collaboratively with staff nurses.
- Utilizes the nursing process by assessing the learner and teaching situations, formulating a plan for teaching, providing the education directly or by assisting other staff, and evaluating the teaching process.
- Timely documents teaching efforts and outcome
- Provides patient education.
- Documents patient care and any changes in patient's status thoroughly and accurately.
- Documents patient/family education and assessment of patient/family learning.
- Assesses patients/family to desired educational method and includes that delivery method in education.
- Keeps abreast with current methods, resources and industry trends for Professional growth.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient, family, and staff teaching programs.
- Continues professional development.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of tests and procedures.
- Displays and maintains pharmacology knowledge.
- Reads current literature to maintain and develop knowledge base.
- Participates in education of other departmental and organizational personnel, as requested.
- Assists in development of new programs as requested.
- Participates actively to ensure activities are in agreement with regulatory standards, i.e., The Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, OSHA, etc.
- Actively transfers knowledge of any wound care changes to staff.