Nuc Med Tech - CPKH Nuclear Medicine
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To perform routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures for patients of all ages in order to confirm or deny required treatment. To adapt procedures to obtain specific diagnostic results under the direction of a radiologist.
- Associate's Degree in the field(s) of Radiology or alternatively a Bachelor’s Degree or other related fields, Required
- AMA approved training Certificate Program in the field(s) of Nuclear Medicine Technology, Required
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist by either the NMTCB-Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board and/or the ARRT-American Registry of Radiologic Technologists to practice, Required
- IEMA, IL State License, in Nuclear Medicine, Required
- CPR certification required upon start date, Required
- Basic reading, writing, oral English skills
- Multicultural sensitivity
- Customer/patient focused
- Basic computer knowledge
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer/co-worker
- Interaction with a wide variety of people
- Maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate only the facts to recipients or to decline to reveal information
- Ability to project a professional, friendly, helpful demean
Performs diagnostic Nuclear Medicine procedures in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination within the guidelines, policies, procedures and standards of Medical Imaging to assigned patients of all ages.
o Exhibits competency in performing diagnostic imaging and radionuclide therapy
o Completes scheduling, ordering radiopharmaceutical and patient preparation guidelines
o Performs and documents administrations of all Radiopharmaceuticals
o Maintains quality care throughout the procedure practicing radiation protection maintaining personal exposure ALARA
o Performs required equipment quality control
o Documents quality control records and images camera floods
o Follows all conditions of MMCI radioactive material license and IDNS regulations
o Completes all radiation safety documentation
o Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
o Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.
Maintains working knowledge of equipment and procedures in order to function in multiple areas of the department.
o Technically knowledgeable of equipment operation and performs reasonable troubleshooting
o Checks and observes equipment for general safety and appropriate operation
o Maintains clean work area, checks and stocks all supplies in their specific area and verifies pertinent accessories assigned to that room
o Knowledgeable of Hot Lab and procedures
o Receives radioactive packages; prepares doses for disposition; maintains radioactive waste for storage
o Knowledgeable of thyroid ablations and therapies
o Fulfills all documentation for IDNS requirements
o Performs Schilling's and Red Cell mass procedures
o Demonstrates a practical problem solving approach to patient moving and handling issues.
o Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment