Manager Nurse - Adolescent Psych / Young Minds
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
To provide nursing leadership and oversight of the overall patient care process, assuring staff provide the highest service and quality care to patients within the professional nursing care standards. Responsibility to the operating and capital budgets, centralization/standardization of processes, and the optimization of resources to obtain key performance metrics.
Bachelor's Degree in In Nursing (BSN)
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days.
3 years of experience in/with inpatient nursing
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Manage the daily operation and flow of the inpatient and outpatient Behavioral Health services, catering to the needs of pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Serve as a role model for professional conduct and excellent patient care.
- Provide education to providers, staff, patients/ families in the ambulatory clinic setting.
- Ensure that high quality patient care is being provided by nursing and other medical support staff through monitoring, educating, mentoring, and modeling.
- Ensure that the department is in compliance with DNV and Magnet standards
- Direct the work force in terms of overall staffing for vacations, medical leaves, and unplanned absences for all staff to include: physicians, APPs, and frontline staff.
- Assist with strategic planning for the inpatient and outpatient Behavioral Health Service line
- Personnel related duties: payroll, interviewing and hiring, disciplinary action, enforcing duties, and departmental policies.
- Development of effective and relevant staff and patient educational opportunities.
- Understanding of monitor audit results and the development of plans for performance improvement.
- Formulates, evaluates, and updates protocols and guidelines on a yearly basis.
- Assist with completion of the budget and obtain quotes for and request new equipment. Ensure that all equipment is inspected annually and as needed.