LPN- Infusion Center
Peoria, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Performs a variety of clinical and clerical activities to expedite the patient flow and activities of the department. The LPN will supplement the nursing care needs of patients under the direction of a registered nurses (RN) in the Outpatient Infusions department. The LPN will also be responsible for scheduling patients for their outpatient infusion.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Current licensure in good standing as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois. Basic Life Support (BLS)- Must possess and maintain current certification within 30 days of hire/start date.
Minimum of 1 year experience as a LPN
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other Carle Health Greater Peoria Region facilities/hospitals.
- Required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and web browser. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
- Utilizes the nursing process to ensure quality health care and a smooth, orderly flow of patients through the department.* Prepares the patients for visits by taking vital signs (height, pulse, and blood pressure.)* Evaluates the needs of patients and provides direct nursing care to our patients according to the plan of care under the supervision of a registered nurse* Executes on physician orders under the direction of a RN* Provides instructions to patients when necessary on preparing for tests, etc.* Displays compassion and patience when administering patient treatments, patient instruction and education* Possesses flexibility in the work environment in order to promote a smooth, orderly flow of patients through the office in a timely and efficient manner* Possesses knowledge about policies and procedures of the organization* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development in order to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret appropriate information required for identifying each patient's age-specific needs* Participates in continuing education by attending seminars and various meetings* Keeps rooms and lab stocked* Participates in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments when indicated* Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to give IM injections* Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to assist nurses in providing patient care to patients of all ages* Participates in learning new procedures, policies, equipment, and treatments* Reports data, as appropriate, to the directing registered nurse and other members of the health care team, so changes are accurately addressed* Respects client confidentiality in all communication* Obtains, interprets, clarifies and implements physician orders under the supervision of RN* Collects and documents objective and subjective patient data * Participates in departmental task teams as appropriate* Uses time, supplies and other resources productively to provide responsive and cost-effective care* Assumes responsibility for being informed about developments in health care* Identifies personal and professional learning needs by participating in educational opportunities
- Provides quality efficient outpatient scheduling with proper telephone etiquette and customer service. * Responds promptly to scheduling requests* Obtains complete scheduling information in an accurate, efficient and professional manner* Performs the scheduling function by utilizing the scheduling computer system* Complies all information requested* Presents a customer driven approach* Records and reports of information timely and accurately* Identifies potential problems and alerts appropriate resource* Initiates appropriate action to ensure needs are met* Exhibits the ability to schedule multiple tests for a patient in a timely manner* Determines proper scheduling requirements and/or limitations according to requested procedure/infusion* Schedules patients accurately in a timely and polite manner to ensure customer satisfaction* Demonstrates the ability to appropriately prioritize patients for scheduling* Exhibits a high level of proficiency in the use of the computerized scheduling system* Utilizes effective decision making, communications and interpersonal relations to ensure a positive image of the Medical Center and to ensure customer satisfaction* Demonstrates the ability to work with various physician offices and other customers* Completes job assignments in a timely manner within shift to decrease waiting times* Assists peers in assignment completion* Demonstrates the ability to assess the amount of time required for each infusion and allow enough time between each infusion* Ensures prior authorization for infusion has been obtained prior to scheduling* Demonstrates the ability to put patients and/or physician offices in contact with our financial counselor, pre-certification or pre-registration departments when needed.