Design Engineer 2
ARi, headquartered in East Peoria, IL, USA, is a rapidly expanding global engineering enterprise. The essence of our "i" symbolizes our distinctiveness from competitors an embodiment of innovation, intelligence, ingenuity, and insight. Boasting a diverse team of over 1,500 engineering experts hailing from various nations and cultures across the globe, we are excellently poised to provide intricate and personalized resolutions to our esteemed clients.
At ARi, our engineers form the foundation of our strategic endeavors aimed at constructing cutting-edge solutions within the industry. Their efforts serve to strengthen both ARi and its worldwide clientele, as they collaborate, integrate, and verify embedded and control software systems. ARi grants entry to state-of-the-art training, tools, and technology, offering an expansive career trajectory as a frontrunner in technology. Join ARi to contribute to a global influence that knows no bounds!
Duties & Responsibility:
- Position is focused on design engineering, project management & supplier product application engineering for integration and optimization in mobile hydraulic systems.
- Activities encompass leading a global team including domestic and international engineers, hydraulic component suppliers and machine design teams to deliver innovative solutions aligned with vendor, client, and business needs.
- Desired engineering skills include understanding machine hydraulic system architecture, hydraulic component design fundamentals, ability to apply specialized technical information to understand functional requirements, draft detailed component requirements documents, objectively evaluate multiple solutions, complete design analysis/verification activities, lead technical and commercial discussions with multiple teams, and conduct technical design and stakeholder reviews.
- Occasional travel to suppliers, product group design centers, and dealer/customer sites may be required.
- Apply technical knowledge of hydraulic cylinder design methods, component materials and metrology and technical specifications against application requirements to ensure the product as designed by a supplier with client unique integration and/or performance features are planned and executed in a manner that results in effective component product development, aligned with program deadlines.
- Engineer must be able to effectively manage technical information protection, schedule and organize project deliverables, complete both team and independent deliverables and create and/or coordinate technical and commercial information for report out in team and stakeholder reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum preferred, but open to considering an applicant with other relevant Engineering degrees or Applied Engineering with Technical Business background. 2+ years industry experience preferred.
- Master's degree with less work experience will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of the full product development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and complete complex computations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and analytical reports.
- Experience with modeling applications related to technical field such as CREO and advanced familiarity with team collaboration tools and Microsoft Office programs.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic components or systems desired.
Soft Skills (Required)
- Highly competent in both verbal and written communications, problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to lead team meetings, work effectively in a team environment, independently and efficiently manage ones time, and taking initiative in completing deliverables. Detail oriented, analytical, innovative with problem solving ability and operating with urgency.
The Benefits of Working at ARi
If you work for ARi, we ensure the benefits extend beyond the workplace. From day one, we offer our full-time employees group health, dental, and life insurance coverage. Vision coverage is available on the first of the following month.
We also understand the importance of recharging your batteries, and that is why we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, maternity/paternity leave, and bereavement to full-time employees. We also maintain a 401(k) program for all employees that meet specific eligibility requirements.
We hire talented people from all walks of life because we believe it strengthens our company. If you want to join a team with a diverse culture that strictly upholds and fulfills employee needs, please apply today!