Mechanical Engineer - Electric Powertrain Systems
ARi, headquartered in East Peoria, IL, USA, is a rapidly expanding global engineering enterprise. The essence of our "i" symbolizes our distinctiveness from competitors an embodiment of innovation, intelligence, ingenuity, and insight. Boasting a diverse team of over 1,500 engineering experts hailing from various nations and cultures across the globe, we are excellently poised to provide intricate and personalized resolutions to our esteemed clients.
Position involves working in a team environment on challenging NTI and NPI programs that involve the integration of electric drive and electric power source technologies into electrification solutions, supporting the validation engineers who are supporting a team of ePowertrain system technical leads
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will get assignments primarily from our ePowertrain validation engineers. The role will typically take on two or three significant responsibilities within the group to ensure these tasks are consistently completed at a high quality.
- Determine ePowertrain program risk by driving usage of FMEAs.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating Simulation-Test Collaboration Workshops (STCW) to understand our ability to mitigate program risks and identify validation gaps.
- As validation needs become known for which there is no robust method, assist the validation engineer in developing a new validation procedures.
- Assist in the development of validation plans and project management plans for the ePowertrain system, collaboratively, with systems teams, lab teams, and global machine development groups to establish standard work. Activities should favor virtual and lab-based techniques.
- Assist in the creation of Proactive Reliability glidepaths
- Assist in conducting L5 ePowertrain system readiness summaries (SRS) for NPI Gates 1-6 for the ePowertrain L5 system
- Assist in management of the ePowertrain NPI Issues List
- Assist in resolution of issues with L5 NPI program leads.
- 5-7 Years of on the job experience OUTSIDE of academia.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Clear understanding of laboratory and/or product testing processes.
- Clear understanding of Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEAs)
- Basic understanding of Battery Electric Powertrain systems
The Benefits of Working at ARi
At ARi, our commitment to our employees goes beyond the workplace, ensuring comprehensive benefits. From day one, full-time employees enjoy group health, dental, and life insurance coverage. Additionally, vision coverage is accessible starting the following month.
Recognizing the significance of rejuvenation, we provide paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and maternity/paternity leave to our full-time staff. In times of loss, we also offer bereavement support. Furthermore, a 401(k) program is maintained for eligible employees.
Embracing diversity as a strength, we welcome individuals from all walks of life, as we believe it fortifies our organization. If you're seeking to join a team that values diversity, upholds employee well-being, and fulfills professional needs, we encourage you to apply today!