Test Cell Engineer
Job DescriptionARi is a fast-growing global engineering firm headquartered in East Peoria, IL, USA. Our power of i represents the innovation, intelligence, ingenuity, and insight that differentiates us from our competition. With 1,500+ engineering talent worldwide, representing multiple nationalities and countries, we are well positioned to deliver sophisticated and custom solutions to our clients.
ARi is looking for a Test Cell Engineer to join our team in East Peoria, IL. The Test Cell Engineers responsibilities include documentation per ISO specifications, setting up and running test cells, collecting and recording data, sharing data, programming, and interacting with customers. Will be working in a team environment and collaborating with multiple departments. Participate in safety Audits as per ISO specifications. On the Job training provided.
Test Cell Engineer responsibilities:
- Running engine test cells to execute Customer and in-house projects.
- Work with the customer to understand the test plan & instrumentation requirements.
- Coordinate with the platform engineer to get the adaptor ports made on the engine.
- Perform calibration of Pressure sensors based on a periodic frequency.
- Assist in the instrumentation of engines in the test cell for data acquisition.
- Setup the Test system in the cell Automation system
- Program customer-defined test cycles
- Perform a sanity check on the data recorded before passing it on to the customer.
- Good knowledge of engine components and principles of operation
- Experience working on WDAS/VERSADAC/Cell Assistant/AVL Bobcat/AVL Puma
- Fair knowledge of engine combustion process and control strategy
- Fair knowledge of emission norms for Off-Highway machines
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator.
- Customer-facing skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team and shop floor environment.
- Associates degree (Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical).
- Bachelor's degree (Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical).
- 5 or more years of experience as a Test cell engineer/technician in any OEM
If you work for ARi, we ensure the benefits extend beyond the workplace. From day one, we offer our full-time employees group health, dental, and life insurance coverage. Vision coverage is available on the first of the following month.
We also understand the importance of recharging your batteries, and that is why we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, maternity/paternity leave, and bereavement to full-time employees. We also maintain a 401(k) program for all employees that meet specific eligibility requirements.
We hire talented people from all walks of life because we believe it strengthens our company. If you want to join a team with a diverse culture that strictly upholds and fulfills employee needs, please apply today!