Distribution System Operating Supervisor in Training
Ameren is a leader in the energy industry, and our transformation toward more clean, renewable energy is also transforming other industries and infrastructure in our communities. As a regional company serving local customers, we not only serve our a part of them. This isn't just a job. At Ameren, we invest in you, so you can power the quality of life you want.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is one of the core values that guides us in everything we do. We are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that brings diverse perspectives to every area of our business.
Our benefits include:
- Medical coverage on date of hire
- 100% employer paid cash balance pension plan
- 401(k) with company match fully vested on date of hire
- Minimum of 15 days paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
About Ameren Illinois
Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 816,000 natural gas customers in central and southern Illinois. We deliver safe, reliable energy to more than 1,200 communities.
About The Position
The Distribution System Operator Supervisor in Training (DSOS – In Training) will engage in intensive on- the-job training and testing to master the critical responsibilities performed by the Distribution System Operator Supervisor (DSOS) position at Ameren Illinois. Under guidance, the DSOS – In Training will learn to direct field personnel in the operation of the subtransmission and distribution system in a safe and cost effective manner to ensure continuity of electric service as well as restore electric service to customers in a timely manner. The DSOS In Training will be considered to assume the role of a DSOS upon successful completion of the AIC DSOS Training Program.
Key responsibilities include:
● Learning and successfully demonstrating mastery of: o dispatching and directing field personnel in response to electric system outages and emergencies o exercising jurisdictional/functional authority and issuing and monitoring Workmen's Protection Assurance for subtransmission and distribution systems o supervising and directing the work of field personnel ensuring a safe, efficient, and reliable operation, along with maintaining the integrity of the subtransmission and distribution system. This includes coordinating all activities on these systems by keeping accurate records, writing and dispatching switching orders to isolate equipment which may include analyzing loads and equipment ratings. o demonstrating knowledge of processes and efficient and effective decision making for best way to restore outages in a safe and timely manner, including analyzing information from a variety of electronic systems, operating manuals, customer calls, and any pertinent information from field workers to determine the extent and the cause of outages.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred. Five or more year's relevant experience (e.g, distribution systems, electric operations or construction, journeyman level electrician) required without Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Four or more years relevant experience including experience as a Distribution Service Dispatcher within AIC may be considered.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Working knowledge of distribution system design and operations. PC/Computer skills preferred. Must have the ability to direct and supervise a number of diversified, concurrent field activities which could greatly affect Ameren's customers, personnel, and financial resources. The DSO Associate may work rotating shift schedules in an office/plant/field environment. Also includes any unusual working conditions, shifts, travel, overtime, callouts, etc. Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.