Metrologist / MUA - (1st Shift)
Advanced Technology Services
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results through root cause analysis to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms
· Redesigns or adjusts measurement capability to minimize errors
· Develops and/or validates calibration methods, techniques, and procedures based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements
· Creates documentation and reporting to adhere to national and international testing standards, including ISO17025
· Provides technical guidance to calibration specialists, technicians, and administrative staff
· Provides technical expertise and support for the operations of the Standards Laboratory, Measuring & Test Equipment (M&TE) related services, and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements for internal and external customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
· Associates degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field and two years metrology, engineering or operation and maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience performing data collection and calculations for measurement uncertainties
· Knowledge in areas of metrology, including Flow, Electrical, Dimensional, and Physical
· Ability to formulate policies and procedures relevant to program areas based on information of a conceptual nature from varied and complex sources
· Demonstrated success gaining an internationally recognized accreditation in calibration and/or testing, including ISO17025 and Z540
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.