LPSD Test Technician (Day Shift)
Advanced Technology Services
Founded in 1985, ATS is a company with a presence in the United States, Mexico and the United Kingdom. We are professionals in Industrial Maintenance and we make factories run better.
Fundada en 1985, ATS es una empresa con presencia en los Estados Unidos, México y el Reino Unido. Somos profesionales en mantenimiento industrial y hacemos que las fábricas funcionen mejor.
· Performs reactive and proactive test machine analyses which includes and not limited to: Observes test machine health using precision control parts (PCP’s); identifies test points not meeting engineering design limits; Analyzes Test Stand variance to determine trouble with test machine or with the product build; Determines if problem is electrical, mechanical, machine aim, to facilitate corrective action.
· Performs hardware changes on the device under test (DUT) and associated systems utilizing hand tools, rigging, and proper lifting techniques.
· Programs, troubleshoots, and analyzes complex control systems to resolve in-depth software/ hardware and configuration problems.
· Utilizes data acquisition systems and interprets results for analysis, equipment condition assessment, troubleshooting, and performance.
· Identifies and sources parts. Suggests alternative items and engineered solutions to improve reliability and performance.
· Trains and coaches less proficient technicians.
· Completes and conducts on-the-job training and technical self-study programs for career development.
· Observes and analyzes production performance of DUT to identify test machine negative trends; using proactive software tools, machine history, DUT to DUT correlation; determine corrective action.
· Possess complete functional knowledge of all troubleshooting devices/procedures available to us. Works side-by-side with support groups to identify problems before and after they occur.
· Sets up the tested product to the proper operating conditions, collects corresponding data and tears down equipment.
· Monitors controls and instruments, records test data, analyzes data and makes recommendations.
· Utilizes an advanced understanding of controls and instrumentation, including programming capabilities.
· Leads, drives, and participates in CI activities--processes, results and cost savings using CI tools and methodology.
· Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions, and guidelines. Identifies unsafe behaviors and conditions.
· Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), & Competencies:
· Associates degree with a Technical focus and 8 years of related experience in specific industry; or, 10 years of experience in specific industry.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
· Must be able to use hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate.
· May be required to travel.
· Demonstrated engine/system troubleshooting.
· Customer Focus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights that may require a ladder or lift; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in confined spaces; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status.
ATS se compromete a brindar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo en todos los aspectos del empleo a todos los solicitantes y empleados, independientemente de su edad, color, raza, religión, sexo (incluido el embarazo, identidad de género y orientación sexual), origen nacional, discapacidad, estatus de veterano, información genética u otro estatus legalmente protegido. Revisión de la política de privacidad aquí here.